I have made 30-40 posts
Full Name: Att
Company Details: Private
Company Position Title: Team Lead
Linkedin Profile: Yes

BLK360 Laser Scanner and Point Cloud Processing Software

Post by hunenkonig »

Hello,

Would like to know what is the best option besides using "Cyclone Register 360 BLK Edition"?

Can anyone recommend me to some software out there that does not cost an arm and a leg on a yearly renewal!

Thanks.
badam
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Adam Berta
Company Details: InnoScan 3D Hungary Kft
Company Position Title: unknown
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: BLK360 Laser Scanner and Point Cloud Processing Software

Post by badam »

Well i think you can still buy permanent licenses (around 5000-6000usd if i recall correctly), if you don't care about updates, then it is a one time purchase. I'd buy full instead of blk edition that way you can use the software for alternative devices as well.

You can export e57 from field 360 in newer version, and you can use those files elsewhere, there are bunch of registering programs but all of them costs similar or more probably, so i recommend you to stick with reg360 and consider buying a permanent license. However keep in mind if you don't update software then you should not update the blk device as well. And if you send it to service you need to specify that you don't want them to update the device.

This is what we do with our rtc360 since we are still somewhat forced to stay at 2020.1.
hunenkonig
I have made 30-40 posts
I have made 30-40 posts

Post by hunenkonig »

Thank you for the information. In the past I heard people referring to Veesus the point cloud processing software.
VXGrid
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Martin Graner
Company Details: PointCab GmbH
Company Position Title: Research and Development

Post by VXGrid »

hunenkonig wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:43 am Thank you for the information. In the past I heard people referring to Veesus the point cloud processing software.
The issue you have is that you can't get out of the eco system without that license...
I think Veesus is not able to read the raw data format of the BLK. Typical exchange format is E57, if you get that all registration software packages are there for you.
badam
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by badam »

Cheapest option would be through cyclone field 360. For small project it is fine, but you will still need a decent registration software after that. And i don't really know if field 360 exports structured data or just unified e57.
hunenkonig
I have made 30-40 posts
I have made 30-40 posts

Post by hunenkonig »

It's unfortunate that there isn't anything else out there.
mariusP
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Marius Putrimas
Company Details: Terra Modus
Company Position Title: Undet product manager

Post by mariusP »

I can't guarantee it now, but it was previously promoted that BLK data can be processed in Autodesk Recap Pro. If your projects are not large and involve several dozen scanning positions, you might try it. The cost is very low.

Personally, I wouldn't use Recap Pro software for registration at all unless my projects are a few scans each. :oops:
We are developers of Undet Software
UNDET specializes in software solutions for point cloud modelling, our mission is to streamline daily operations, boost productivity, and minimize manual effort in delivering 3D models and 2D drawings.
www.undet.com
badam
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by badam »

mariusP wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:41 am I can't guarantee it now, but it was previously promoted that BLK data can be processed in Autodesk Recap Pro. If your projects are not large and involve several dozen scanning positions, you might try it. The cost is very low.

Personally, I wouldn't use Recap Pro software for registration at all unless my projects are a few scans each. :oops:
It was possible but since recap for mobile was discounted there is no way to process scans without some kind of convert to e57/ptx (reg360, register/ cyclone field360)

But i 'm with you registering scans inside recap is pretty useless.
gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Long
Company Details: Montgomery County DOT _ MD
Company Position Title: Land Survey Supervisor
Skype Name: gsisman1

Post by gsisman »

badam wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:37 am Cheapest option would be through cyclone field 360. For small project it is fine, but you will still need a decent registration software after that. And i don't really know if field 360 exports structured data or just unified e57.
Adam is right as far as getting "OUT" of the Leica Ecosystem......but you lose Panoramas. If you don't need true Photos then I think you can get a Field 360 license for $600USD/yr. This allows you to export #57 "Pre-aligned files" that can then be imported into third party SW
It does hold the setups, but the "IMAGES" are basically Pseudo Images ,created from the actual scan points as pixels and expanded to cover some of the gaps.

Something that looks like this:
BLK F360 E57 Image export Capture.JPG
Rather than this:
BLK F360-REG 360+ Image export Capture.JPG
You can still get a permanent License of Reg 360 I think,for the time being.... but that may one of the only ones, except Cyclone Enterprise (which has a Permanent License ROI of about 9 years!)
I just found out that Leica 3DR is only subscription now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Markus_Mathias
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Markus Mathias
Company Details: Scasa GmbH
Company Position Title: CEO

Post by Markus_Mathias »

You can use Scasa PinPoint at 1200€/year (119€/month). It directly connects to BLK360 via USB (Gen2) or WLAN, you can also use the RTC360 USB stick. It does however not import previously saved .blk files from the data manager. The datasets are imported including panoramic images. In most cases you will loose the on-site registration e.g. from the field app, but you will be able to run auto-registration from within PinPoint.
You can test the software with full functionality for 2 weeks. Check it out!

Return to “Leica Geosystems”