Leica Cyclone FIELD 360 v4.1.0

Discuss all Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360 software here.
gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Long
Company Details: Montgomery County DOT _ MD
Company Position Title: Land Survey Supervisor
Skype Name: gsisman1
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Leica Cyclone FIELD 360 v4.1.0

Post by gsisman »

christopherbyrne18 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:43 pm Hi All,

Can anyone confirm that you can import control files and perform resections etc with a P40?

Or is it limited to visual alignment?

Thanks,

Chris
I'm pretty sure you can resect with the P40 firmware. I remember seeing that option years ago when we rented one for a while. You used to have to type in the target coordinates first though. Maybe there is a way to upload?
christopherbyrne18
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Christopher Byrne
Company Details: Murphy Geospatial
Company Position Title: Head Of Dept Special Projects

Post by christopherbyrne18 »

I know we can resect with a P40 on-board through the crappy Winfows CE UI. This is painfully slow.

Is it possible to do it via a tablet with Field 360 when using it with a P40.

Can you import a control file into field 360 and perform target picking and resections from the tablet?

Also, does anyne know if the Wi-Fi connection between the an iPad with Field 360 & a P40 reliable?

I recall an early test where it struggled to maintain connection, something to do with the old Wi-Fi tech / standard built into the P-Series.

Thanks,

Chris
badam
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Adam Berta
Company Details: InnoScan 3D Hungary Kft
Company Position Title: unknown
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by badam »

Is there an official way to downgrade the app so it will be the same as the day before yesterday. (Android) and never upgrade after that.
Fegis
I have made 20-30 posts
I have made 20-30 posts
Full Name: Ernest Lai
Company Details: SDG
Company Position Title: SDG

Post by Fegis »

Hey Adam,

We found having too many jobs on the tablet would slow it down. Even if the jobs were cleared off the USB stick and the ipad had plenty of storage remaining. See if that helps first.

If you still wish to downgrade the app - You need to find the 4.0.5 APK file (installer) for cyclone field 360.
If you have a Samsung tablet - most likely you need the ARM64 version of the APK.

Hope that helps!
badam
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Adam Berta
Company Details: InnoScan 3D Hungary Kft
Company Position Title: unknown

Post by badam »

Fegis wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:51 am Hey Adam,

We found having too many jobs on the tablet would slow it down. Even if the jobs were cleared off the USB stick and the ipad had plenty of storage remaining. See if that helps first.

If you still wish to downgrade the app - You need to find the 4.0.5 APK file (installer) for cyclone field 360.
If you have a Samsung tablet - most likely you need the ARM64 version of the APK.

Hope that helps!
Hello

We usually clears the appdata periodically. My question was that where can i get the official old version apk. I don't trust 3rd party apk downloader sites. Google play does not have old versions.
tmad
I have made 30-40 posts
I have made 30-40 posts
Full Name: Thomas Madlberger
Company Details: PORR AG
Company Position Title: Execution Digitalisation Support

Post by tmad »

badam wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:48 am Hello

We usually clears the appdata periodically. My question was that where can i get the official old version apk. I don't trust 3rd party apk downloader sites. Google play does not have old versions.
Hey,
only way I know to get it is getting in touch with your leica officials, they once sent me an older version for reg360 due to compatibility problems.
PORR AG
Thomas Madlberger
www.porr-group.com
kaz
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: K Larsen
Company Details: Frozien Ltd
Company Position Title: Owner

Post by kaz »

I'm testing out BLK360 G1 with Field 360 4.1.0 on iPad Pro M1 1TB 12.9 latest official iOS.

It has a few connection issues
1. It will occasionally loose contact with my BLK360 without any "on screen message" - Field 360 will just show like no new scan was ever started. (Sometimes a message WILL pop up saying lost connection to scanner - how it is supposed to I guess - but I think 30-40% of times there was no message)

2. Field 360 have HUGE issues with DENSE point cloud captures - even with iPad very close to the BLK360. Normal density point clouds works fine (with Dense - 50+% of scans not transferred during scan) - I have tried iPad mounted 2' from BLK360 and it does not change anything.

E57 export works great though! Thanks for that..

===== Field 360 feature requests / suggestions =====

Request: Can we get Field 360 to support external NMEA GPS units? That would be nice for large outdoor scans - so I could use my RTK GPS unit on via iOS without buying additional HW to cheat "Core position in iOS" to use the external GPS. Apple GPS is in general very good but can be a bit iffy if there are many obstructions. (Yes.. I KNOW I could find an Android tablet to do RTK with... But I like the speed of my iPad M1...)

Scan & Go does a BLK plus GPS mount - but with that you do the RTK GPS to scan attachment separately. It would be nice to automate it (on iOS...)

=====

Request: When using GPS location on iPad now - it would be nice if Field 360 showed a "mini map" so when you start a scan you can validate your GPS position vs actuals?

=====

Request: Can we have "Shortcut" buttons for scans? So we press the Scan button - and our OWN 5-6 "predefined" scan shortcut buttons are there? Each "shortcut" button should have all my "own" predefined settings.
Like:
"Doorway = Normal Scan/No Photo"
"Normal Room=Normal Scan/Normal Photo"
"Bright Room=Normal Scan/HDR Photo"
"Complex Object=Dense Scan/HDR Photo" (these are just examples)

It would take workload down a bit and limit the "darn i forgot to turn images back on" moments.

Personal Shortcuts could be linked to Scanner type? So fx. BLK360 G1's have one set of shortcuts - BLK360G2's another set of shortcuts etc.
kaz
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts

Post by kaz »

I was a bit to fast congratulating on the E57 export.

Sadly, it seems like Field 360 exports the full "Raw" scans without edits done in Field 360 apart from alignment.

So any crops of a scan - is ignored when exporting the file to E57 format. So you get all mirror reflections etc. projected in the E57 file - so the cropping have no effect.

I hope that is a bug? Or at least it should be selectable at export if you want to export with/without edits/crops.

/k

To reproduce:
1. Do a few scans with mirrors in the room
2. Align
3. Crop reflected points away
4. Select the bundle
5. Optimize Bundle
6. Export E57

Exported E57 != (not equal) to On Screen bundle 3D points.
gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Long
Company Details: Montgomery County DOT _ MD
Company Position Title: Land Survey Supervisor
Skype Name: gsisman1

Post by gsisman »

kaz wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:53 pm I was a bit to fast congratulating on the E57 export.

Sadly, it seems like Field 360 exports the full "Raw" scans without edits done in Field 360 apart from alignment.

So any crops of a scan - is ignored when exporting the file to E57 format. So you get all mirror reflections etc. projected in the E57 file - so the cropping have no effect.

I hope that is a bug? Or at least it should be selectable at export if you want to export with/without edits/crops.

/k

To reproduce:
1. Do a few scans with mirrors in the room
2. Align
3. Crop reflected points away
4. Select the bundle
5. Optimize Bundle
6. Export E57

Exported E57 != (not equal) to On Screen bundle 3D points.
Are you getting any panoramas in your E57 Exports? I have not in the several scans I've exported to check when importing to Reg 360. It looks lie the thumbnails are there....
kaz
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts

Post by kaz »

gsisman wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:02 am
Are you getting any panoramas in your E57 Exports? I have not in the several scans I've exported to check when importing to Reg 360. It looks lie the thumbnails are there....
I actually have not checked. I have noted CloudCompare Imports XXX number of images from the E57 file but I have not looked at them. I'll look into that.

E57 export with crop should be fixed in next release according to Leica Support. No ETA though.

/k

Return to “Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360”