Brandon Miller
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Brandon Miller
Company Details: Franklin Engineering
Company Position Title: Mechanical Engineer

Maximum Number of Setups?

Post by Brandon Miller »

Does Cyclone 360 have a limit on the number of setups you can have or a limit on the size of the project you can have? I'm currently working on a project that has well over 1,000 scans/setups to link together. I currently have 671 setups linked and have more to go. I'm at a point now that I can no longer import any data. I have attached 2 images that show my issue. The first image shows my current project with the 671 setups. When I import more data in, I get the random string of names in the left hand box, and if I hit the Import button, nothing imports. However, if I start a new project, that data comes in just fine as all previous ones did on my current project, and I can import the data. Have I reached the limit of a project size? If not, how can I rectify this? Thanks in advance.
Project 1.jpg
Project 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
geomontgomery
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: George Montgomery
Company Details: ECE Design
Company Position Title: Support Manager
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Maximum Number of Setups?

Post by geomontgomery »

Are you pathing to the project.rtc360 pointer file in both screenshots? Looks like you pathed to a folder in the first screenshot, because everything is coming in on the "Other Files" tab.
Brandon Miller
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts

Post by Brandon Miller »

Yes, it is pointing to the correct file. The 2 screenshots are pointing to the exact same file location and files. I can point to it with my large project and I get the results in the first image. I open a new project and point to the exact same place, and it opens and imports as it should.
geomontgomery wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:54 pm Are you pathing to the project.rtc360 pointer file in both screenshots? Looks like you pathed to a folder in the first screenshot, because everything is coming in on the "Other Files" tab.
badam
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Adam Berta
Company Details: InnoScan 3D Hungary Kft
Company Position Title: unknown
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by badam »

Brandon Miller wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:01 pm Yes, it is pointing to the correct file. The 2 screenshots are pointing to the exact same file location and files. I can point to it with my large project and I get the results in the first image. I open a new project and point to the exact same place, and it opens and imports as it should.
geomontgomery wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:54 pm Are you pathing to the project.rtc360 pointer file in both screenshots? Looks like you pathed to a folder in the first screenshot, because everything is coming in on the "Other Files" tab.
Maybe you can view the logs file. Which version do you run?

With 2020.1 and earlier there is a limit to fileopenhandles which is 2048 so it is about 2000 setup after 2021 and newer release loads the files differently so this limitation is not in place however i never tried to import files after that in newer versions, because we still use 2020.1 because of better performance then newers.

I merged a project in 2021 which was about 7500 setup so in terms of registration it should not cause any issue.

Maybe your path is not valid, like you have special utf8 chars in them or you try to load them from UNC path, which is not supported.
tristanthibault
I have made 40-50 posts
I have made 40-50 posts
Full Name: Tristan Thibault
Company Details: BBA
Company Position Title: Coordonnateur en technologies relevés 3D

Post by tristanthibault »

don't import more then +-250 scan each time. We are working on a 1300 scan and everything is good.

Work on each projet alone, and merge them on the master sitemap after. Easier to check all link and optimisation is faster.

Good luck!!
Brandon Miller
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts

Post by Brandon Miller »

Only importing around 54-56 scans each time.
tristanthibault wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:30 pm don't import more then +-250 scan each time. We are working on a 1300 scan and everything is good.

Work on each projet alone, and merge them on the master sitemap after. Easier to check all link and optimisation is faster.

Good luck!!
badam
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Adam Berta
Company Details: InnoScan 3D Hungary Kft
Company Position Title: unknown
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by badam »

tristanthibault wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:30 pm don't import more then +-250 scan each time. We are working on a 1300 scan and everything is good.

Good luck!!
Well we don't have issues with importing 250-300 files at a time... no problems at all.

As for keeping everything separated until the the end is true. That should be the last step always.
JNally
I have made 90-100 posts
I have made 90-100 posts
Full Name: Joe Nally
Company Details: EPS
Company Position Title: Lead Surveyor

Post by JNally »

If i know a job is going to take multiple days I will usually make each day a project, trying to "close" out the section im in each day.

Then I would apply that the same way in Cyclone or in your case Reg360 and doing a QA with each day worth of Registration. I would then register each day together and then link each set together with multiple constraints creating a "loop". Then apply my survey control and then the final QA commences.

I find it easier to manage that way and keep track of what you are doing.

Return to “Leica Geosystems”