How unsafe is it to delete the .FPC and .F3S files?

Discuss FARO hardware here.
Leandre Robitaille
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Leandre Robitaille
Company Details: Cima+
Company Position Title: Civil Technician - Surveyor

How unsafe is it to delete the .FPC and .F3S files?

Post by Leandre Robitaille »

Hi everyone,

In short we need to make some space on our servers and I realised that most our projects from the past 10 years (over 1000+ scene projects) have all kept the .F3S and .FPC files. Those files are not ''required'' for archiving the project since they can easily be remade if ever we need to reopen an old project. I could go ahead and delete those threw right click, delete scan point cloud in Scene, then compact project. But we would loose all the revisions (revisions can be usefull sometimes). It is also very time consuming to re-open all my old projects. Hence I was wondering how unsafe is it to simply delete the .F3S files directly from the _3scans folder? I would just do a windows search of .F3S files and batch delete them all. I think I overheard someone saying it would corrupt the project, but is this true? has anyone had issues from doing this in the past? I did a test with a single project with no issues. Whats everyone opinion on this?

Thank you!
Bernd13
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Bernd Wildmoser
Company Details: IBW
Company Position Title: CEO
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: How unsafe is it to delete the .FPC and .F3S files?

Post by Bernd13 »

Hello Leandre, I have the same problem , do you meanwhile get a solution from somewhere? Best regards Bernd

Return to “FARO”