I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Will Packard
Company Details: DBMK
Company Position Title: Director
Linkedin Profile: No

Recovering from a PC crashing during import - how to reload setups

Post by Scimitar F1 »

Hi

I bought a new laptop that has the very handy habit of crashing while importing setups due, I think, to overheating.

The setups that have been imported when the laptop crashes cannot be added in another import - I assume that Register 360 has made a note that these have already been imported and excludes them from the next import.

Very frustrating it must be said. Any help would be much appreciated.

Will
badam
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Adam Berta
Company Details: InnoScan 3D Hungary Kft
Company Position Title: unknown
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: Recovering from a PC crashing during import - how to reload setups

Post by badam »

Scimitar F1 wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:43 pm Hi

I bought a new laptop that has the very handy habit of crashing while importing setups due, I think, to overheating.

The setups that have been imported when the laptop crashes cannot be added in another import - I assume that Register 360 has made a note that these have already been imported and excludes them from the next import.

Very frustrating it must be said. Any help would be much appreciated.

Will
I suppose it is rtc360 with hdr images.

Well there is no way unless you go into the database itself. Or maybe you can use the repair project function but it is taking way longer then it needs to be, because it does other unnecessary things.

To prevent this kind of things we developed a habit to create version before import activate it, and if it crashes, then activate the old one and then delete the crashed version. And start over the whole process... and we only keep the last 4 version in each project, because it can get slower to open register360 if there are lot of project and versions in the server db. That is also contributes to that habit which is we store every project on its own server db.

It most certainly crashes because of insufficent amount of ram. I wouldn't try to import hdr images without 64gb of ram. And you should use safe mode import which is running in paralell but only works with one setup a time it is not really slower that much and not worth taking risks of reimports.... if you import without images then you can use the balanced, fast option still.

Return to “Leica Geosystems”