Visual Comparison - Pointcloud to DWG

4M, ARES, AutoCad, BricsCAD, DraftSite, GstarCAD, IntelliCAD, LiteCAD, MicroStation, nanoCAD 21, VeCAD, ZWCAD Etc.
Dominic
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Dominic
Company Details: qapture
Company Position Title: CEO
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Visual Comparison - Pointcloud to DWG

Post by Dominic »

Hi everyone,

we are currently searching for an easy and fast way to compare pointcloud (sections) with 2D dwg plans.
Is there any software which provides this service? Including help using correct scale.

Also thinking of the possibility to visually highlight areas where points/model do not overlap. Maybe with an intervall slider which is adjustable...

Any expertise or advice that pushes us in the right direction is very much appreciated!

Greets, Dominic

PS: Posting here, as there is almost no activity in the "Deformation Analysis Software" subforum anymore
mariusP
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Marius Putrimas
Company Details: Terra Modus
Company Position Title: Undet product manager

Re: Visual Comparison - Pointcloud to DWG

Post by mariusP »

Hi Dominic,
I can help you with that. We have some tools in Undet for AutoCAD plugin.

Your point cloud files are structured or unstructured?

Using the Lines Vertical DEF tool, you can create a raster image for each line, to show how its fitting with the point cloud.
Lines Vertical DEF 3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Undet Point Cloud Software provides software solutions for AutoCAD, ARES Commander, Revit, and SketchUp point cloud users to save time, increase efficiency, and reduce errors in creating 3D models and 2D drawings.

:arrow: www.undet.com
Dominic
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts

Post by Dominic »

Hi Marius,

thanks for the input! This even goes one step further and compares in 3 dimensions :)

Coming mainly from NavVis VLX, our pointclouds are unstructured.
Will your tool still work with unstructured pointclouds?

If not, I would also already be happy with a tool, which makes the comparison possible in 2D, by just comparing a section from the pointcloud with the CAD plan. Any ideas?

Greets!
mariusP
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by mariusP »

Dominic wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:01 am Hi Marius,

thanks for the input! This even goes one step further and compares in 3 dimensions :)

Coming mainly from NavVis VLX, our pointclouds are unstructured.
Will your tool still work with unstructured pointclouds?

If not, I would also already be happy with a tool, which makes the comparison possible in 2D, by just comparing a section from the pointcloud with the CAD plan. Any ideas?

Greets!
Yes, our software works with unstructured point clouds as well. The Lines Vertical DEF tool also works with unstructured data. I can show you how it works with your data.

With structured point clouds, you can use Undet Browser features. And this is a game changer for QC/QA process. Undet Browser communicates with Undet plugins, and with one click on the point cloud point area (which is not clear to you or is not fitting with the CAD lines), you can see how this area looks in the 360-degree panoramic image. UNDET Browser will automatically find those objects in the nearest 360 photos and turn the image view to the same object you marked in the point cloud data. And also, you will be able to move the point cloud slices to a different height or position with one click, by clicking on any place in the 360 photos. Here is the video of how its works: https://youtu.be/fvhmbX2nLCc
Undet Point Cloud Software provides software solutions for AutoCAD, ARES Commander, Revit, and SketchUp point cloud users to save time, increase efficiency, and reduce errors in creating 3D models and 2D drawings.

Dominic
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts

Post by Dominic »

that looks nice! watched the videp and now I'm wondering how you could display "scan positions" in unstructure pointclouds coming from a mobile laserscanner like NavVis VLX? Or is this whole abstract referring to structured pointclouds only?

the 2D view with the blue/green/red colors - comparing plan to pointcloud section - would look the same though, no matter if structured or unstructured, correct?
mariusP
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by mariusP »

Dominic wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:56 am that looks nice! watched the videp and now I'm wondering how you could display "scan positions" in unstructure pointclouds coming from a mobile laserscanner like NavVis VLX? Or is this whole abstract referring to structured pointclouds only?
You can use Undet Browser features only with structured point clouds.
Dominic wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:56 am the 2D view with the blue/green/red colors - comparing plan to pointcloud section - would look the same though, no matter if structured or unstructured, correct?
Yes it works with any point cloud (structured or unstructured): *.E57, *.FLS, *.RCP/RCS, *.PTX, *.ZFS,*.LAS, *.LAZ, *.PTS, *.PLY, *.DP, *.FPR, *.LSPROJ, *.FWS, *.CL3, *.CLR, *.RSP, ASCII / NEZ (X,Y,Z/i/RGB).

Return to “CAD Software”