Support for Navvis, Viametris and Gexcel Indoor Mobile Scanners (Emesent Hovermap and BLK2GO coming soon)

Discuss all aspects of Cintoo Cloud here.
Dom Cintoo
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Dominique Pouliquen
Company Details: Cintoo
Company Position Title: CEO
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Support for Navvis, Viametris and Gexcel Indoor Mobile Scanners (Emesent Hovermap and BLK2GO coming soon)

Post by Dom Cintoo »

Hello,

NEW! Cintoo Cloud can now upload Indoor Mobile Scans, in addition to Terrestrial (static) scans, to facilitate the navigation, interpretation, sharing, collaboration, and distribution of this new type of data. Cintoo Cloud now becomes your scanning hardware-agnostic and multimodal platform that is your unique source of reality capture data and that provides a same user experience for your mobile and static scans.

To upload point clouds coming from indoor mobile scanners, Cintoo Connect 2.0 (new) will ‘restructure unstructured data’, a very unique Cintoo technology that will generate 3D scan positions as if the data would be coming from a static scanner. As a result, you end up with indoor mobile scan data that exactly looks like static scan data in Cintoo Cloud.
- Keeping the precision of the original point cloud (no compromise on accuracy)
- Generating a panoramic image using either the source panoramas from the device or the point colors if no 360-image is available
- Making your scan data much easier to navigate using the scan-to-scan navigation, in a simple web browser
- Making your scan data much easier to interpret using Cintoo Cloud’s acclaimed mesh-streaming and viewing technology
- Allowing to easily merge various data types in a single mesh-based viewing experience
- Turning your raw unstructured data into structured data that can be exported in E57 or RCP format with the panoramic images included in your desktop viewing or modeling app.

With Cintoo Connect 2.0, the following devices are supported:
- NavVis VLX or M6
- Viametris BMS3D
- GeoSLAM Zeb Series
- Gexcel Heron Series

Cintoo Connect 2.1, due end of Q2 2022 will additionally support the following devices:
- Leica BLK2GO
- Emesent Hovermap

For more information: https://support.cintoo.com/manual/1/en/ ... idar-scans

Regards.
Dom Cintoo
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts

Re: Support for Navvis, Viametris and Gexcel Indoor Mobile Scanners (Emesent Hovermap and BLK2GO coming soon)

Post by Dom Cintoo »

Example Data Sets:

Viametris BMS3D data (3D Surface mode) in Cintoo Cloud:
Viametris.png
NavVis VLX data (3D Surface mode and 2D Panoramic mode) in Cintoo Cloud:
NavVis.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Veit
I have made 30-40 posts
I have made 30-40 posts
Full Name: Veit Streicher
Company Details: Navvis
Company Position Title: Consultant

Re: Support for Navvis, Viametris and Gexcel Indoor Mobile Scanners (Emesent Hovermap and BLK2GO coming soon)

Post by Veit »

Hi,
Cintoo is surely a great platform with some nice features. As a note, in your docs how-to upload Navvis data you refer to products, that are outdated. We generate one e57 files with embedded panos and the corresponding location and orientation information to avoid handling so many different files. It might be interesting to review your import parser.

Happy Mapping
Veit
Dom Cintoo
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts

Post by Dom Cintoo »

Hi Veit,

Thanks for this very interesting suggestion. We have got various E57 files downloaded from Ivion, which include embedded panos with their
corresponding location and orientation information, from various customers and it is true that this is a much simpler workflow that we will implement in Cintoo Cloud.

One question though: what about the capture sessions that require multiple passes? Does this E57 include all the point clouds and panos from these multiple passes or do we still need to get the XML Alignment file that contains the geolocation information for each pass?

Regards.

Return to “Cintoo Cloud”