Can geoslam export E57 format files with panoramic photos and point clouds?

Discuss all GeoSlam related products here.
arcgiser
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Hoscks
Company Details: hongtaiyang company
Company Position Title: hongtaiyang company

Can geoslam export E57 format files with panoramic photos and point clouds?

Post by arcgiser »

Can geoslam export E57 format files with panoramic photos and point clouds? If you can give me some guidance, thank you very much!
ektoras
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Ektoras Avgitidis
Company Details: Terrestrial Laser Scanners
Company Position Title: Technical Support Engineer
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Can geoslam export E57 format files with panoramic photos and point clouds?

Post by ektoras »

Hello Hoscks,

It is not possible to export two separate data types i.e. images and point clouds as one e57 in HUB or Connect at this point. Currently, you can use Draw to export e57 point cloud with the image positions in an xml file for the ZEB PANO product, and for the ZEB Vision, there is the .gs-vision which is used in Connect to place the images on the trajectory of the point cloud.

You can though colourise initially the point cloud with the panoramic images (from Vision camera) and then export it as e57.

Let me know if something is unclear or if you will need any assistance with anything else.

Kind Regards,
Ektoras
arcgiser
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Hoscks
Company Details: hongtaiyang company
Company Position Title: hongtaiyang company

Post by arcgiser »

Ektoras, first of all, thank you very much for your answer. In the future, I want to use panoramic images to fit the texture of the model. I want to get a panoramic image file at the same coordinate position as the point cloud data. So I think the software itself can achieve this function. How can panoramic images (from vision camera) be in the same coordinate system as the point cloud? Or how can I get a group of panoramic images (from vision camera) with the same coordinates as the point cloud? I hope to get your further guidance. Thank you very much!
ektoras
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Ektoras Avgitidis
Company Details: Terrestrial Laser Scanners
Company Position Title: Technical Support Engineer
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by ektoras »

Hi Hoscks,

I am sorry for the delayed response. Although I am too late in my reply, kindly see below the answer to your question.

- How can panoramic images (from vision camera) be in the same coordinate system as the point cloud? Or how can I get a group of panoramic images (from vision camera) with the same coordinates as the point cloud?
The synchronisation is happening based on the timestamp of both camera and the scan trajectory. Since we know the position of the camera relative to the sensor, we align the acquired images on top of the trajectory, again based on the roll, pitch and yow of the camera.

I hope the above helps a bit with your question. My apologies again for the delayed response.

Kind regards,
Ektor

Return to “GeoSLAM”