Full Name: Tomasz Gerlich
Company Details: OutPut Precision Ltd
Company Position Title: Director
Skype Name: tomek.gerlich
Linkedin Profile: Yes

automatically closing cyclone and jetstream viewer in Windows 11

Post by tomii7 »

Hi all Leica cyclone users,

I have two issues. Basically on other company laptop with windows11 everything is fine but with newer something company laptop odd.

the first issue - cyclone core is not opening existing database.
I have imported and registered data into Leica register360. Everything was going well in Reg360 in Windows 11.
Them I try to open excising database in cyclone core and try to import cyclone reg360 database but... it is closing after adding exciting database in the cyclone window. Basically, I can't work with these data.
It is frustrated because I have similar issue with jetstream viewer.

2nd issue jetstrem viewer is not opening lgs file

I can open jetstream viewer but after adding the data set - lgs file. I have the same issue. Automatically jetstream viewer is closing with no chance to see the data.

I hope that someone manage and know how to avoid this issue or how to fix these issues.
Thank you for help in the advance.

Tom
-----
Best Regards,
Tomasz Gerlich

tomaszgerlich[at]outputprecision.com or tomaszgerlich[at]gmail.com
+44 7756613300

www.outputprecision.com - Reality Capture
www.realitycapture3d.com - Matterport

OutPut Precision Ltd, Manchester, UK
gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Long
Company Details: Montgomery County DOT _ MD
Company Position Title: Land Survey Supervisor
Skype Name: gsisman1

Re: automatically closing cyclone and jetstream viewer in Windows 11

Post by gsisman »

tomii7 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:55 pm Hi all Leica cyclone users,

I can open jetstream viewer but after adding the data set - lgs file. I have the same issue. Automatically jetstream viewer is closing with no chance to see the data.

I hope that someone manage and know how to avoid this issue or how to fix these issues.

Tom
Are you using Jetstream Viewer or the newly branded Truview version. Using the old viewer with a newer version LGS may be the issue
tomii7
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Tomasz Gerlich
Company Details: OutPut Precision Ltd
Company Position Title: Director
Skype Name: tomek.gerlich

Post by tomii7 »

Hey,
It's spot on but I won't be able to fix it witout Leica support.
There is some conflict with Windows updates etc. So I have change registry files or install something.
gsisman wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:46 am

Tom
Are you using Jetstream Viewer or the newly branded Truview version. Using the old viewer with a newer version LGS may be the issue
-----
Best Regards,
Tomasz Gerlich

tomaszgerlich[at]outputprecision.com or tomaszgerlich[at]gmail.com
+44 7756613300

www.outputprecision.com - Reality Capture
www.realitycapture3d.com - Matterport

OutPut Precision Ltd, Manchester, UK
Kruse
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Eric Kruse
Company Details: Hensel Phelps - Construction
Company Position Title: VDC Manager
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by Kruse »

Tom
Using the old Jetstream viewer with an LGS generated from the latest version of Register 360 was causing them to crash within a few seconds of opening. Sometimes I could get into a setup's imagery, but it never worked to view the point cloud before crashing. I was submitting a bug to Leica last week when I was running this test to confirm on my machine. Reinstalling TruView worked as normal again for me. I'm using Windows 10 as well. There are a few bugs in the latest TruView version, but never anything preventing me from using it or getting what I needed out of it.

I didn't think TruView or Register 360 was compaitble with Windows 11 yet... I don't remember seeing that as a recommended or compaitble Windows version in any of the release notes with 2022 stuff.

A bug I've encountered, which I'm not sure has anything to do with Leica (As I've had similar issues with other software) is when I open up an LGS file with TruView, sometimes it crashes or gets stuck before it ever even open's the file. More often than not, I have to force close the TruView Application, go into my Registry Editor, and delete one of the lines seen in the attached photo to then successfully load/open an LGS with TruView. I don't remember which forum post I used back in the day to find this temporary fix, but it works in the rare case TruView won't load a file or it keeps crashing on me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Long
Company Details: Montgomery County DOT _ MD
Company Position Title: Land Survey Supervisor
Skype Name: gsisman1

Post by gsisman »

Kruse wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:00 pm
A bug I've encountered, which I'm not sure has anything to do with Leica (As I've had similar issues with other software) is when I open up an LGS file with TruView, sometimes it crashes or gets stuck before it ever even open's the file. More often than not, I have to force close the TruView Application, go into my Registry Editor, and delete one of the lines seen in the attached photo to then successfully load/open an LGS with TruView. I don't remember which forum post I used back in the day to find this temporary fix, but it works in the rare case TruView won't load a file or it keeps crashing on me.
Another bug I've encountered is that the orbit mode will all of a sudden go into a pin-point orbit of some kind. (It looses the lock in the horizontal control, so you end up twisting around the head of a pin so to speak with no control over the side to side..

Return to “Leica Geosystems”