how two register geoslam data file we have rcs from geoslam

Discuss all GeoSlam related products here.
apganthade
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: akshay ganthade
Company Details: Sweco India
Company Position Title: Cad Design Engineer
Skype Name: akshaypundlik.ganthade@swecogr

how two register geoslam data file we have rcs from geoslam

Post by apganthade »

i havent working on this geoslam before. but we have a project that we need to merge the rcs files which are exported from geoslam. i tried several things like three point method we did for recap aur by doing the autocad common points but i am not getting any clue how to merge the data in a single file. i do autocad for getting local coordiante and tried to put in revit as for shared coordianate so i can call rcs files directly on the same local coordiante i given to them but it not working. yes we have to do manually now can i get a clue how to be done this process.
1. if geoslam data can export different rcs files then can we registered the different project file to merge them in geo hub ?
2. if we export data in e57 can we registered them in recap i m doubt as they have no any data.
please do comment i need to know what to exactly do.
Thanks
akshay
ektoras
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Ektoras Avgitidis
Company Details: Terrestrial Laser Scanners
Company Position Title: Technical Support Engineer
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: how two register geoslam data file we have rcs from geoslam

Post by ektoras »

Hello Akshay,

You may apply the registration process in many different ways. You may register your scans:

- In HUB with the merging feature and then import the merged results in a new draw project in GeoSLAM Draw software application and export them in rcs format.
- Directly in GeoSLAM Draw software application with the registration process by following the video tutorial below and then export the registered results in rcs format
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_-MsoJ ... el=GeoSLAM).

Regarding to your further two questions, see below.
- Users cannot import rcs data-sets in GeoSLAM HUB unfortunately to use the merging tool - if I understand correctly your question.
- Yes, you can. You may export the results in e57 directly from GeoSLAM HUB software application and then import the data in RECAP. Try to load the exported e57 data in another software application that you are familiar with and see if you can see the point cloud

If you have any further questions about the above processes, please contact GeoSLAM support team ([email protected])

Cheers,
Ektor
apganthade
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: akshay ganthade
Company Details: Sweco India
Company Position Title: Cad Design Engineer
Skype Name: akshaypundlik.ganthade@swecogr

Re: how two register geoslam data file we have rcs from geoslam

Post by apganthade »

Thank you buddy