I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Davide
Company Details: Eagle projects
Company Position Title: Tecnico

Convert a .las in a structured e57

Post by ddimonda »

Hello everyone!
I'm working with some .las scans from mobile mapping. Is there a chance to associate panoramic images in order to export them and have a structured e57 with bubble?
Thank you for your time.
smacl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Full Name: Shane MacLaughlin
Company Details: Atlas Computers Ltd
Company Position Title: Managing Director
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Convert a .las in a structured e57

Post by smacl »

ddimonda wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:47 am Hello everyone!
I'm working with some .las scans from mobile mapping. Is there a chance to associate panoramic images in order to export them and have a structured e57 with bubble?
Thank you for your time.
Not easy to do. In addition to the LAS, you should have a trajectory file with times and positions of your photography, which theoretically could be used to do this. E57 however is pretty crap at mobile mapping in most of its implementations, even though the standard allows for it. You could write something to re-structure your mobile data as if it was static but it would be a lot of work. You also have to deal with resolving scanner tilt and orientation and relative differences between the camera coordinate system, scanner coordinate system and project coordinate system where the camera sensor is offset from that of the scanner. This is no small task and varies from one mobile mapping system to the next. In my experience, some scanner manufacturers are particularly unhelpful in providing the information necessary to do this.

Best option is to contact your scanner manufacturer and see what options they offer to do this.
Shane MacLaughlin
Atlas Computers Ltd
www.atlascomputers.ie

SCC Point Cloud module

Return to “Riegl”