I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: michael johnson
Company Details: cartmel johnson
Company Position Title: cartmel johnson
Linkedin Profile: No

Plymouth Rock Memorial. Scrooby UK.

Post by mjson22 »

Hello, My name is Michael Johnson an artist who has been making sculptures and siting them throughout the UK for over 30 years. I am a hands on sculptor who makes everything myself in the studio. However when asked by Scrooby parish council a local village in Nottinghamshire close to where I live, to come up with an idea for memorial to the Pilgrim Fathers who were connected to the village, I wanted to make something for them that was 21st century with cutting edge technology. I proposed to replicate " The Plymouth Rock" casting it into bronze using scanning and computer aided casting technology and site it near to St Wilfrid's Church, where William Brewster worshiped. An outline of the project is attached.

Scrooby Parish Council are close to the fund raising target to commission this work and the purpose of this posting is to make contact with a company in the Plymouth/Boston area of the USA who would welcome the opportunity to help with the scanning and the realisation of this work. We have obtained permission to access and scan the Plymouth Rock and now we are ready to progress the project. I hope that this finds someone who is interested in this transatlantic project and I look forward to hearing any response. If you would like more information then contact me with an email address and we can discuss it in greater detail.

With best regards

Michael Johnson
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Request Help With Projects”