I have made 50-60 posts
Full Name: Roberto João Lopes Garcia
Company Details: Laser scanning services
Company Position Title: Owner
Skype Name: robjlg
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: SCENE 2022 - General topic

Post by robjlg »

kh@faro wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:55 pm Thank you for the report. I think I understand now what is happening in this case. Implementing support for the SD Card projects created by FARO Stream and the new FARO Focus, we have fixed a bug where the SD Card import was unable to select the correct project for incremental import if two projects with the same UUID were present in the target directory. This is also the reason why the project selector stopped showing duplicate projects that is projects with the same UUID.

I would argue, that the previous behavior was a bug, but that won't help you anything. :oops: I am sorry if that it no longer shows your projects. I would advice putting your backups in a separate folder and change the folder settings when navigating the backups for now.

I have brought this issue to our teams attention. However, I do not know at this point in time, if there will be a chance to address this.
So, how we change the UUID of an exported projetc?

Why exported projects should have the same UUID of the original projects? If this make sense for some cases, it must be possible to generate a new different UUID for the exported project when the user ( we ) need it.

Thank you for your explanation

Roberto
Leandre Robitaille
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Leandre Robitaille
Company Details: Cima+
Company Position Title: Civil Technician - Surveyor

Post by Leandre Robitaille »

Is anyone else getting the minecraft effect after deleting points?
I have this issue on 2projects.
Here is what I did as to my recollection on both those projects. In a quickview in greyscale, use the laso tool and delete points (in my case it was mirrors). Change back to Color and save.
If you view in 3D the pointcloud will have the minecraft effect. I did the same things in a black and white only project (no pictures) and I did not have this issue. This only affected my projects with colors. This affects ALL the scans in that project, not only the scans I edited.
I used a S70 scanner.
Scene 2022.0.0
I did not try to replicate the issue but I have 3 other projects I have to edit so I will keep an eye out to this.
Here is the issue on 2 different projects;
Minecraft effect.png
I manage to fix the pointcloud by doing the point cloud tool ; delete/create pointcloud. I am guessing this only affects the .fpc. I have seen this issue once before on 2019.0 but this also affected the .fls and had to replace the .fls scans within the revision folders, so this is a little different.
Recap will load fine with an .fls even without doing the delete/create pointcloud part.

***EDIT/UPDATE***
Ok so closing and reopenning the project fixes this issue. I will keep this post up for general knowledge. If you see this issue close and reopen the project and everything will be fine ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ProCro
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Nino Skupnjak
Company Details: SKIMI64
Company Position Title: procurator

Post by ProCro »

It looks like it was stuck on loading the data :)
Leandre Robitaille
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Found another issue that is major for us. After a lot of troubleshooting we found out that Scene 2022 does not support RDP (remote desktop protocol). The previous version we used did (scene 2019). Hence we can not use Scene with the remote desktop app from windows. Why is this beeing implemented now and is there a fix? Unless we find a fix I think we will stay on 2019.0.
Nathandr
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Nathan Drake
Company Details: ndesigns
Company Position Title: Surveyor
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by Nathandr »

Does anyone else has noticed a bug when selecting points for deletion in faro scene ? 9 out of 10 times I'm trying to select some points for deletion it doesnt mark them in yellow as it should and sometimes even if it does show the yellow color and I finally manage to delete the points when I reload the same scan there are also a points missing in areas I never selected. I have this problem since the 2018 version and its still happeing in 2022. I also tried to delete the points with the help of clipping boxes on each scan but still doesnt work as it should. Sometimes it deletes the points and sometimes deletes the whole scan even If I select to delete just the visible points inside the clipping box.
I'm trying to clean up a project on which almost each scan needs cleaning because there are a lot of windows and mirrors reflections and its a total mess but I'm stuck now and the deadline is aproaching! I would like also to avoid export the scans to other software for cleaning for various reasons.
Leandre Robitaille
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Hey Nathandr!
This issue has always existed. We all wish the day scene will be able to handle deleting points in a similar way recap is able to. But for the moment brining this issue up so it gets noticed is the best we can do.
Core of why you are seeing bugs/fully deleted points is because you do not wait long enough between each command. You have to wait until the "Loading points" at the bottom right is done/completed before doing any action. If you go too fast it will bug and you might have to start over.
Marcin_PL
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Marcin Kaźmierczak
Company Details: MP-Skany
Company Position Title: president

Post by Marcin_PL »

Try slecting and deleting points in perspective view. In Ortofoto view there always is a chance that You select to many points becouse of converting view to ortofoto. I usualy delete far from walls in orotofot view and than select and delete parts neer to wals in perspective view.
ProCro
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by ProCro »

Also, sometimes when you have project in big coordinates, selecting points is impossible (sort of)...
ProCro
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by ProCro »

Has someone noticed that in latest version, when you are exporting ordered pointcloud in .fls format, there are 2 files per scan. One without extension, and .fls file. The one without extension is aprox. 3x size of .fls file. Is that feature or bug?
Marcin_PL
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Marcin Kaźmierczak
Company Details: MP-Skany
Company Position Title: president

Post by Marcin_PL »

robjlg wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 12:06 pm
kh@faro wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:55 pm Thank you for the report. I think I understand now what is happening in this case. Implementing support for the SD Card projects created by FARO Stream and the new FARO Focus, we have fixed a bug where the SD Card import was unable to select the correct project for incremental import if two projects with the same UUID were present in the target directory. This is also the reason why the project selector stopped showing duplicate projects that is projects with the same UUID.

I would argue, that the previous behavior was a bug, but that won't help you anything. :oops: I am sorry if that it no longer shows your projects. I would advice putting your backups in a separate folder and change the folder settings when navigating the backups for now.

I have brought this issue to our teams attention. However, I do not know at this point in time, if there will be a chance to address this.
So, how we change the UUID of an exported projetc?

Why exported projects should have the same UUID of the original projects? If this make sense for some cases, it must be possible to generate a new different UUID for the exported project when the user ( we ) need it.

Thank you for your explanation

Roberto
I found some workaround for the same UUID.
Create new clean project and then "import projects", select one You need to duplicate. It works like a charm :) In Project selector we can see both.

Return to “FARO SCENE”