Faro Webshare and RTC360 data

Discuss all FARO SCENE related software issues here.
chris_e
I have made 30-40 posts
I have made 30-40 posts
Full Name: Chris El-Araj
Company Details: Underhill Geomatics Ltd
Company Position Title: Director
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Faro Webshare and RTC360 data

Post by chris_e » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:40 am

We recently acquired the RTC360 and want to incorporate this data into Faro Webshare, as we are long time users of these virtual tours internally and with our clients. We have tried taking registered E57 and PTX from Cyclone into Scene, and then creating the Webshare, but the colouring doesn't look that great.

Has anyone found a way to get nice looking colourized Webshare virtual tours from RTC or Cyclone data?

Thank you,

Chris
C. R. El-Araj, BCLS,

www.underhill.ca

pburrows145
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Paul Burrows
Company Details: Leica Geosystems Europe
Company Position Title: Scanning Solutions Manager - Europe

Re: Faro Webshare and RTC360 data

Post by pburrows145 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:58 am

Is there any scope to try TruView Enterprise? You then get direct export from Cyclone CORE and Cyclone REGISTER 360 - no conversion needed...

As an aside, we will support the full resolution RTC360 images in TruView (and JetStream and JetStream Viewer) from April (currently we max out at 4K cube-faces). There's also a heap of new "stuff" coming in April which is REALLY cool... but sadly I cannot talk about it in a public forum.

You could also look at our new LGS format in conjunction with JetStream Viewer - offers pretty much the same functions as WebShare and can be run from a USB stick or via an install. JS Viewer can also be pointed directly to a JetStream server so you can host the data (again, some amazing new features coming to JS Viewer next month). :geek:

landmeterbeuckx
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Lieven Beuckx
Company Details: Studiebureau Beuckx
Company Position Title: Owner

Post by landmeterbeuckx » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:18 pm

have you tried exporting to ptx and import these in scene? Maybe the colouring is better this way.
LSBbvba
Surveying services - 3D Laserscanning
Tel : +3211661621
www.landmeter-beuckx.be
info@landmeter-beuckx.be

chris_e
I have made 30-40 posts
I have made 30-40 posts
Full Name: Chris El-Araj
Company Details: Underhill Geomatics Ltd
Company Position Title: Director

Post by chris_e » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:07 pm

We did try the PTX export as well, and the outcome is not great and very similar to E57 results. We did see some tone mapping options in Reg360 and we also saw just now on this forum that Reg360 will have some high res photo exporting options coming up shortly. I was really hoping someone had some success with translating between the two softwares and had good image results in Faro Webshare, but we may have to switch to Truview for RTC projects ...

Chris
C. R. El-Araj, BCLS,

www.underhill.ca

Return to “FARO SCENE”