I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Blaine Grantham
Company Details: TITAN AEC
Company Position Title: Principal
Linkedin Profile: Yes

On-Site Registration Performance SCENE 7.1.1.81

Post by bgrantham »

I am currently working on a large project here in LA. I am testing out on-site registration and I am having some trepidation about using this process. From the tests that I have done it seems the transfer rate and registration speed are pretty slow. I don't know if it is my Laptop or my scanner. For reference I am currently using 1/5 x 2x with color turned off. So the scan data is pretty limited. Laptop is the Surfacebook Pro with i7 1tb solid state and 16gig of Ram. Typically I can complete 30 scans and it seems that the registration portion is roughly 5-10 minutes per scan. Am I missing something? Is anyone else running into the same issues?
pomped
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Daniel Pompe
Company Details: FARO
Company Position Title: Team Lead Software Engineering
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: On-Site Registration Performance SCENE 7.1.1.81

Post by pomped »

Hi Blaine,

the time needed for processing and registering in the on-site registration workflow depends on the settings set on the scanner.
To reduce the needed time you can disable some of the processing steps (e.g. colorization, target detection, building of scan point clouds).
What registration method are you using? If you are going with a targetless workflow you can try to only use Top View Based during the on-site registration. It may be also importent to note that the registration uses the default settings per method set in SCENE.

If you take a look on the revisions (project history) of the project you get an idea of which step in the workflow takes the most time.

I have done several on-site registration projects with a Surface Pro 4 tablet (i5) which worked fine, so your Surfacebook Pro should also.
sheartab
I have made 60-70 posts
I have made 60-70 posts
Full Name: Sheartab
Company Details: Arch Eng Design Firm
Company Position Title: BIM Manager
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by sheartab »

pomped wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:18 pm I have done several on-site registration projects with a Surface Pro 4 tablet (i5) which worked fine, so your Surfacebook Pro should also.
How many scans were you able to capture? I can get the on site registration to work, but once i get to 20-30 scans and attempt to close out and finish, the file crashes. Scans are still available, but the registration is gone. I use a Dell Precision 7720 laptop, so its a beefcake.
gabrio
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Gabrio Rossi
Company Details: Intellegere srl
Company Position Title: technical director
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by gabrio »

can i share with you my doubts about on site registration of a large job .... well ... on site registration is possible if you register only by cloud to cloud process. if you use tachy to lock some scan positions to a topographic traverse you can’t do all the registration process on field becouse you need the data from the tachy to fit on some target. i’m missing something in this workflow? it’s should be great to come back office with all registered but i’m not figuring out how it was possible. sorry if this should be off topic in this thread.
gabrio rossi

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
arch. Gabrio Rossi, MRICS
[email protected]

Passaggio dei Canonici Lateranensi n. 4
24121 Bergamo - Italy

+39.035.601.1492

Return to “FARO SCENE”