I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Thomas Putko
Company Details: Light Surveys
Company Position Title: Surveyor
Linkedin Profile: No

SCENE 7 - Error Code: 59

Post by cassius769 »

Something like that shows up on the screen - no way to find out for me what this means. I couldn't find anything in manual or on forums. Perhaps anyone from Faro could explain what is this error, where it comes from and how to rectify it, please.

I just want to understand.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Simon Judd
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: simon judd
Company Details: Precision Air Surveys Limited
Company Position Title: Owner

Re: SCENE 7 - Error Code: 59

Post by Simon Judd »

Thomas

It would be helpful if you can expand on what you are trying to do.

It looks like you are trying to create a Plane from scan points that are not normal to each other in the first scan.

In the split view you should mark one feature in the first scan and the same feature in the second scan to try and extract a correspondence.

Repeating this process to aid Scene in aligning the 2 selected scans.

Simon
cassius769
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts

Post by cassius769 »

Simon,

yes, I forgot to mention what I wanted to do but you are right - I am trying here to mark two planes to find correspondence between them.

Reason behind it is that after deleating lots unwanted scan points and running C2C reg there are lots of scans which suddenly are not placed at all when they were perfectly fine before I deleted scan points outside the clipbox. My solution was to go and mark planes but this apparently does not work now.
Simon Judd
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: simon judd
Company Details: Precision Air Surveys Limited
Company Position Title: Owner

Post by Simon Judd »

Thomas

There is no correspondence between what you have marked.

Scene will require you to mark similar surfaces in each of the 2 scans that you have selected in your split view.

You are trying to tell the software where similar elements are, within the same area of each scan, and therefore you will need to mark the same plane areas in the second scan that you have marked in the first scan. (you should also be marking more than 2 planes.)

This should then help Scene to place the two scans together using this method.

I am a little confused as to why you would have needed to re-register after deleting unwanted data.

The normal methodology would be to register your scans and then lock it down so it does not change. You can then delete data without affecting the registration, as all data is correctly placed.

You could revert back to a previous version of your project which is just before you ran the C2C which should put your scans back to the correct registered location.

Go to the project Tab in the New UI and there is a project history area that will allow you to go back to a good registration.

I hope that made sense and helped in some way.

Simon
cassius769
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts

Post by cassius769 »

MALTBY wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:29 pm Thomas

There is no correspondence between what you have marked.

Scene will require you to mark similar surfaces in each of the 2 scans that you have selected in your split view.

You are trying to tell the software where similar elements are, within the same area of each scan, and therefore you will need to mark the same plane areas in the second scan that you have marked in the first scan. (you should also be marking more than 2 planes.)

This should then help Scene to place the two scans together using this method.

I am a little confused as to why you would have needed to re-register after deleting unwanted data.

The normal methodology would be to register your scans and then lock it down so it does not change. You can then delete data without affecting the registration, as all data is correctly placed.

You could revert back to a previous version of your project which is just before you ran the C2C which should put your scans back to the correct registered location.

Go to the project Tab in the New UI and there is a project history area that will allow you to go back to a good registration.

I hope that made sense and helped in some way.

Simon

The part with marking is no problem, you could equally explain to me how to drink tea. ;-) The error shows up when I try to press anywhere on the planar view as if there was no data.

Why would I want to re-register?

S70 is only accuarate to 19" and has the range of 70m so in order to improve the fit I would like to use only the points which are relevant for my needs and not the ones which are 70m away as on that distance every 2" is a milimeter. In worst case scenario the registration will be out by 19mm on that distance. I understand that close the scanner points are not going to be affected in terms of angular shift but the whole thing might result in posistional shift.

Well, I'm playting with it on different levels to get best accuracy I can and it brings desired results.

Return to “FARO SCENE”