Full Name: Valentin Vanhecke
Company Details: 4Visualization
Company Position Title: Owner Founder
Skype Name: valentin_4visualization
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Scene 5 or Scene 6?

Post by Valentin »

Hi,

Since Scene 6, Scene wants you to process your scans first which takes an enormous amount of time. For instance I was scanning for 5 1/2 hours yesterday and today I wanted to register the scans...but the processing of the scans takes about 5 1/2 hours, the registering is not even started by that time. Normally speaking the 'processing' takes me about the same time as the scanning. But that is from importing the scans up to creating the deliverable (Pointcab or Recap) Although to be fair the Recap import takes more time, for which I don't have to be present, like with the processing in scene 6. But as this is the last thing I have to do it doesn't matter that much anymore.

I know that it is possible to revert to scene 5 and do everything the 'old' way but after having giving a couple Scene 6 training sessions I thought, it works well enough, let's do it. But after this experience I think I will go back to scene 5 settings.

So Faro quick question can you make the processing go way faster (use multiple cores)?

And for everyone else, who is using the the workflow that scene 6 is proposing and who hangs on to the scene 5 workflow?

Sorry if I sound a bit unfriendly but after waiting for ages and still not able to get to work I am a bit cranky...
4Visualization - scanning everything worth scanning

4visualization.eu

Return to “FARO SCENE”