Merging Different Scene Projects in one Project on their Respective Global Locations

Discuss all FARO SCENE related software issues here.
Arvind
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Arvind Sharma
Company Details: PIS
Company Position Title: Field BIM Engineer
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Merging Different Scene Projects in one Project on their Respective Global Locations

Post by Arvind »

Dear All,

I want to merge 24 different scene projects(which is already registered in Global Survey system) in one project. When I importing the projects all are coming at the center of the cluster of the first project.
I don't want to register them all with the cloud to cloud with each other.
Is it possible to just append these projects in their respective locations?

Thanks in advance.

sreed
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Scott Reed
Company Details: Prologue Systems
Company Position Title: Principal
Skype Name: sabotva

Re: Merging Different Scene Projects in one Project on their Respective Global Locations

Post by sreed »

Hi #Arvind,

That's a good question! I do this routinely with a fewer number of lsproj and can think of several workarounds, but would love to hear an official answer how this SHOULD be done. My workaround solution would be clunky with 24 separate Scene projects.

One workaround is using control that is generated from TagLabs "Exporter" plugin. Another is ScanTaxi's "Transformation Manager".

I'm hoping some of the Faro folks will weigh in because this is one of those advanced features of Scene that has eluded me.

Thanks for the question,
-S.

Raimund58
I have made 80-90 posts
I have made 80-90 posts
Full Name: Raimund Klink
Company Details: IHM engineering GmbH
Company Position Title: 3d scanning guy
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: Merging Different Scene Projects in one Project on their Respective Global Locations

Post by Raimund58 »

Hi, you need to apply the transformation of the clusters they had before the import.
If you don't care about the clusters you can just import all the .fls files. Stupid but simple^^
:)

sreed
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Scott Reed
Company Details: Prologue Systems
Company Position Title: Principal
Skype Name: sabotva

Post by sreed »

I'd imagine that #Arvind wants to preserve the cluster org, the scan managers, the planes/points (spheres/CBT are saved with *.fls), and other components of Scene. If i'm wrong, then yes, just import *.fls files exported from 24 individual Scene *.lsproj.

But if he does want to preserve all the features listed above, then what do you mean by restoring the cluster transformation? Manually copying/pasting the values for the 6 degrees of freedom for each top level cluster in the 24 *.lsproj?

Raimund58
I have made 80-90 posts
I have made 80-90 posts
Full Name: Raimund Klink
Company Details: IHM engineering GmbH
Company Position Title: 3d scanning guy

Post by Raimund58 »

sreed wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:18 pm
But if he does want to preserve all the features listed above, then what do you mean by restoring the cluster transformation? Manually copying/pasting the values for the 6 degrees of freedom for each top level cluster in the 24 *.lsproj?
Yeah, that's what I meant. But hopefully there are better solutions... : )
:)

pomped
I have made 80-90 posts
I have made 80-90 posts
Full Name: Daniel Pompe
Company Details: FARO
Company Position Title: Team Lead Software Engineering

Post by pomped »

Hi Arvind,

some points to consider when importing / merging projects:
  • Ensure that you have the same transformation on the root object of each project (check the properties) to prevent changes of the global coordinates when importing
  • Give different names to the top-level clusters (directly below root) for all projects to get a clear project structure
Regards,
Daniel

Arvind
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Arvind Sharma
Company Details: PIS
Company Position Title: Field BIM Engineer

Post by Arvind »

Thank you So Much, Everyone, The Issue has been resolved by transforming in original coordinates. :)

Return to “FARO SCENE”