ATS Quality Manager

Discuss all Faro related software issues here.
AndreasZ
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Andreas Zetterstrom
Company Details: Advanced Technical Solutions
Company Position Title: Lead Programmer
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: ATS Quality Manager

Post by AndreasZ » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:45 am

Hello all!

I'm the Lead Programmer at ATS and have developed ATS Quality Manager.
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding it you are free to put them in this thread that I will keep an eye on from now on. You can also contact me directly at zetter at ats.se

As noted there is no trial version of our software, however we do have several detailed case studies for Quality Manager on our homepage which should give you a good overview of what it can accomplish. See this link: http://ats.se/products-ats-quality-manager.html

Note the links to the left on that page where you can check out the use cases.

Dedken
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Kenneth Bazley
Company Details: Sir Robert McAlpine
Company Position Title: Senior Geospatial Engineer for HDS
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by Dedken » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:55 pm

Having purchased ATS quality manager (via amenable site QS!) I can confirm that it is very useful. Not only does it provide a quick reference to how good your scanning was, you can also use it to interrogate every single reference and remove the ones which have the worst statistic (thus improving the registration) - something that was impossible to do before. As a result of using it I have already figured out areas in which our scanning can be improved to achieve tighter results.
All views are my own and are not representative of my employer, The Queen, God or anyone else for that matter.

"we need an instrument, to take a measurement" - I.MacKaye 1992

Tony93
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Nguyen Van Loi
Company Details: SG jsc
Company Position Title: Applications engineer

Post by Tony93 » Thu May 31, 2018 5:36 am

Hello,
I am using the ATS quality manager for fist time and see that It shows all Pt distance equal zero and quality all scans are low as below picture. I try for other projects but they are same. What does it mean? Thank you!
ATS.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AndreasZ
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts

Post by AndreasZ » Thu May 31, 2018 8:20 am

Hello!

Quality Manager only works on projects where target based registration is used. And the project also has to be fitted at least once or the scans will all show up as red.

Tony93
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts

Post by Tony93 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:56 am

AndreasZ wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 8:20 am
Hello!

Quality Manager only works on projects where target based registration is used. And the project also has to be fitted at least once or the scans will all show up as red.
Hello,
We usually use manual registration to register by picking same points or plane of 2 scans. Is it called target based registration as you mention. And as you see below, the project's error is 10.1mm. Why ATS shows that all pt distance are zero and low high quality?
Thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AndreasZ
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts

Post by AndreasZ » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:37 am

Ok,
What you are doing is actually a cloud-to-cloud fitting. The points you choose is just something the SCENE algorithm uses to roughly position the scans after which it does a cloud-to-cloud match. This is not something QM can help you with.

To do a target based registration using for example spheres as references you have to go to either the processing of the explore tab in SCENE, right click on the Scans cluster, select process scans, make sure "Find Spheres" is checked under "Find Targets", and at the bottom under "Automatic Registration" you have to change the registration method to "Target Based".

This of course only works if you have for example reference spheres or checkerboards in your scans. If you don't then cloud-to-cloud is the only registration method available for you and QM isn't designed to work with that.

scott.diaz
I have made 40-50 posts
I have made 40-50 posts
Full Name: Scott Diaz
Company Details: FARO Technologies
Company Position Title: Business Development

Post by scott.diaz » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:38 pm

HI All,

Just an FYI we will be showcasing the ATS solutions at SPAR next week in the FARO booth. ATS will also be presenting "The living factory" at one of our booth sessions which shows how to maximize the use of these Traceability solutions in an ever-changing environment. Please feel free to come by and visit.

Scott

Tony93
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts

Post by Tony93 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:41 am

AndreasZ wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:37 am
Ok,
What you are doing is actually a cloud-to-cloud fitting. The points you choose is just something the SCENE algorithm uses to roughly position the scans after which it does a cloud-to-cloud match. This is not something QM can help you with.

To do a target based registration using for example spheres as references you have to go to either the processing of the explore tab in SCENE, right click on the Scans cluster, select process scans, make sure "Find Spheres" is checked under "Find Targets", and at the bottom under "Automatic Registration" you have to change the registration method to "Target Based".

This of course only works if you have for example reference spheres or checkerboards in your scans. If you don't then cloud-to-cloud is the only registration method available for you and QM isn't designed to work with that.
Ok. So only projects using Target Based registration could apply QM to check quality. It is interesting that after manual registration I use optimize registration by target based method then QM could be applied too. So in this case, QM uses targets (points, planes) that I used to register before to evaluate quality. Would you mind if I send you an email to ask futher informations?

AndreasZ
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts

Post by AndreasZ » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:25 am

Sure, you can do that. Or send a private message on this forum.

Return to “FARO SCENE”