Register 360 Plus - 2023.1.0 Release

Discuss all Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360 software here.
Kruse
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Eric Kruse
Company Details: Hensel Phelps - Construction
Company Position Title: VDC Manager
Linkedin Profile: No

Register 360 Plus - 2023.1.0 Release

Post by Kruse »

Not much has been said about the latest release of Register 360+ yet, but from the sounds of it, it's a whole new data architecture/code base for the program... The release notes were quite extensive, but I am happy so far with the release and some new features and annoying bug fixes.

I highlighted a few key new features that we'll be taking advantage of, but the ability to toggle off and on Dual Axis Compensator for setups when using control is a long awaited feature. It works very simply when using P series data, and when testing with RTC setups, as long as you have at least 1 setup that contains the High Tilt Accuracy scan, the dataset stays perfect level (as it was before applying control) and best fits the elevation between your control points while keeping it level. When you have a dataset where all RTC setups do not have HTA on, then that DAC toggle switch does not do anything and it will do a full 3D transform/rotation to best fit all control points within you specified tolerance.

This new release also has much faster cleaning of point clouds, exporting the LGSx files seem to take less than half the time compared to before, TruSlicer works perfectly and loads almost instantly on my projects with around ~2,000 setups, flying through the same ~2,000 setup project has no issues with rendering the points and loading them as I fly through on my laptop (though I did have to turn off link visibility as that slowed it down for some reason), and the new shaded rendering mode looks so much nicer compared to the default view (shaded should just be the default now). Exporting the JPG's seem to be a higher quality JPG export for editing in 3rd party apps... There's still stuff I'm learning and testing with it, and I've still had a few crashes along the way, but overall this is a big leap forward as they keep adding features and growing Reg360's capabilities.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Long
Company Details: Montgomery County DOT _ MD
Company Position Title: Land Survey Supervisor
Skype Name: gsisman1
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Register 360 Plus - 2023.1.0 Release

Post by gsisman »

Kruse wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:12 am
This new release also has much faster cleaning of point clouds, exporting the LGSx files seem to take less than half the time compared to before, TruSlicer works perfectly and loads almost instantly on my projects with around ~2,000 setups, flying through the same ~2,000 setup project has no issues with rendering the points and loading them as I fly through on my laptop (though I did have to turn off link visibility as that slowed it down for some reason), and the new shaded rendering mode looks so much nicer compared to the default view (shaded should just be the default now). Exporting the JPG's seem to be a higher quality JPG export for editing in 3rd party apps... There's still stuff I'm learning and testing with it, and I've still had a few crashes along the way, but overall this is a big leap forward as they keep adding features and growing Reg360's capabilities.
Converted a current project and ran into some issues. HDS Support suggested repairing ALL versions in your current 2023.0.x version before converting
Also stumbled across a couple quick shortcut keys that I never used before (Not the main cloud processor-but my guy retires Jan 1 !)
In the cloud when invoking the view cube in bundle Ctrl "T" immediately invokes Plan ortho view AND turns on true slicer Shift "T" invokes just plan view ortho
Jamesrye
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: James Rye
Company Details: Merrett Survey Limited
Company Position Title: Spatial Analyst

Post by Jamesrye »

Wow! If it really can hold the RTC360 data level when applying control and not tilt the whole bundle, then that's a huge deal. Finally, the software can be considered as a viable alternative to CORE for land surveyors. Does it let you register on two targets? or must you still have 3?

Really thankful for this forum, because I never know when new releases come out unless I visit here. Will have to restart my subscription for this :lol:

Happy Christmas everyone.
Kruse
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by Kruse »

Jamesrye wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:54 am Wow! If it really can hold the RTC360 data level when applying control and not tilt the whole bundle, then that's a huge deal. Finally, the software can be considered as a viable alternative to CORE for land surveyors. Does it let you register on two targets? or must you still have 3?

Really thankful for this forum, because I never know when new releases come out unless I visit here. Will have to restart my subscription for this :lol:

Happy Christmas everyone.
The 2 control point method can't be done natively in reg360 yet, so 3 points is still the minimum... Though you could still get away with 2 known points and using CAD to figure out a third point.
nateofdrake117
I have made 30-40 posts
I have made 30-40 posts
Full Name: David Chen
Company Details: Architectural Surveying
Company Position Title: Architectural Surveyor

Post by nateofdrake117 »

Did they ever fix the "if there is one BW scan, then the export will be BW" issue?
Kruse
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by Kruse »

nateofdrake117 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:55 pm Did they ever fix the "if there is one BW scan, then the export will be BW" issue?
Yes, I just tested that last week and it was working like normal for the LGSx and RCS files where they were mixed B/W and color scans and the scans that had images exported their full color even when some scans were only B/W.
JonMag
I have made 60-70 posts
I have made 60-70 posts
Full Name: Jonathan Magal
Company Details: GeoMJ
Company Position Title: Géomètre

Post by JonMag »

Hello everyone, did someone have a link for the 2023.0 version of Register 360 Plus?

I really need it because one of my client doesn't have a valid CCP, he can't use the nex LGSX format.

Thank you very much.

PS : Happy new year to all of you
Scott.Warren
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Scott Warren
Company Details: WSP Canada
Company Position Title: Project Manager - Geomatics Engineer

Post by Scott.Warren »

Leica removed the ability to download old versions from myworld, which is a HUGE pain the ass.

Keep backups of the installers and keep an eye on when your licenses expire. nothing worse than trying to update, finding out the server won't let you use an older license on new software, and being unable to roll back to an old version.
gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by gsisman »

JonMag wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:59 pm Hello everyone, did someone have a link for the 2023.0 version of Register 360 Plus?

I really need it because one of my client doesn't have a valid CCP, he can't use the nex LGSX format.

Thank you very much.

PS : Happy new year to all of you

PM me. I have every version since it came out. Does he have a current CCP or permanent EID?
gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by gsisman »

HAs anyone else tried the Limit Box Subdivision tool in the new v2023.1.0 Reg 360+ SW? I have tried without sucess on a rather small project 16+- BLK360 scans on a street scene and every time it give me a "More than 100 Limit boxes" which is not true based on simple math calculations. I assume it's a bug unless I'm missing something. Can be a real time saver in editing certain things:
Limit box transparency and size does not subdivide.JPG
Limit box manager subdivide Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360”