Batch archive via CLI

Discuss all Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360 software here.
ajcpdv
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Arron Craig
Company Details: PDV
Company Position Title: Engineer
Linkedin Profile: No

Batch archive via CLI

Post by ajcpdv »

I have a number of projects I would like to archive but doing each one via the GUI is very time consuming.

Is there a way to do this in batches through the GUI or preferably via a CLI?
badam
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Adam Berta
Company Details: InnoScan 3D Hungary Kft
Company Position Title: unknown

Re: Batch archive via CLI

Post by badam »

What kind of archive do you want to do, and why?

Fast archive is just a copy of the project in the project storage folder.

Do you want to delete it rom the menu or just free up space? If the latter then just move the given projects's folders via file explorer.
Kruse
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Eric Kruse
Company Details: Hensel Phelps - Construction
Company Position Title: VDC Manager

Post by Kruse »

ajcpdv wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:45 am I have a number of projects I would like to archive but doing each one via the GUI is very time consuming.

Within your Projects & Storage tab, you can multi select all the projects you want to archive and batch archive them with either the fast or standard archive methods. Just hold control while selecting all the projects you want to archive. Like Adam said, the fast archive just copies all the project files and dumps them to your archive location. A standard project archive will combine and compress all the project files to a single .RAF file to your archive folder location. When using the fast archive, it's up to your SSD's speed to determine how fast those will transfer (but won't compress the overall project size to save space downstream). When using standard archive, it will compress/move them anywhere from 30MB/s to 65MB/s, depending on your CPU. I think it's 85% to 90% of the size of the originial project database within Reg360 as well. You could probably archive and transfer ~1TB overnight if you have that many projects available. I've always started the archive before I went home for the day and not once was it still archiving when I got back to the office in the morning. I think the most I've ever done at once was around ~500GB.
ajcpdv
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Arron Craig
Company Details: PDV
Company Position Title: Engineer

Post by ajcpdv »

Kruse wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:47 pm
ajcpdv wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:45 am I have a number of projects I would like to archive but doing each one via the GUI is very time consuming.

Within your Projects & Storage tab, you can multi select all the projects you want to archive and batch archive them with either the fast or standard archive methods. Just hold control while selecting all the projects you want to archive. Like Adam said, the fast archive just copies all the project files and dumps them to your archive location. A standard project archive will combine and compress all the project files to a single .RAF file to your archive folder location. When using the fast archive, it's up to your SSD's speed to determine how fast those will transfer (but won't compress the overall project size to save space downstream). When using standard archive, it will compress/move them anywhere from 30MB/s to 65MB/s, depending on your CPU. I think it's 85% to 90% of the size of the originial project database within Reg360 as well. You could probably archive and transfer ~1TB overnight if you have that many projects available. I've always started the archive before I went home for the day and not once was it still archiving when I got back to the office in the morning. I think the most I've ever done at once was around ~500GB.
Brilliant, Thankyou. Will give that a shot.

Return to “Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360”