Registration Optimizing in Register 360 !

Discuss all Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360 software here.
hafizhryan
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Hafizh Ryan Kurniawan
Company Details: Gadjah Mada University
Company Position Title: Undergraduate Student
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Registration Optimizing in Register 360 !

Post by hafizhryan »

Hello everyone!

I'm an undergraduate student and would like to research structure deformation monitoring. I used Leica RTC360 to scan the structure with high-resolution settings; the distance between each station is about 15-20 meters. If I would like to conduct some cloud-to-cloud (C2C) registrations with a constraint that the maximum RMS error is 1.25 mm, are there any tips and tricks or some settings configuration in REGISTER 360 to achieve that accuracy level (RMSe=1.25 mm)?

Thanks for your attention!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kruse
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Eric Kruse
Company Details: Hensel Phelps - Construction
Company Position Title: VDC Manager
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: Registration Optimizing in Register 360 !

Post by Kruse »

With your registration and trying to achieve that average error, just make sure you cross link your setups together, i.e. 1 setup is tied into multiple adjacent setups, to prevent any compounding error (you'll want your global error to be as close to zero as possible in the end). If you only had a single chain of links between all your setups, you could potentially have some compounding error as you work your way from one end of the dataset to the other. Another critical aspect is deleting the cloud to cloud points for objects/surfaces that are moving or not perfectly still from one scan to the other. Visual points are what's exported and what you see, cloud to cloud points are what the software sees and usses for its registration. If you're outdoors, it will probably be all your vegitation and some of the materials that might be floating/moving around. When cleaning the cloud, just be sure to keep all surfaces that don't move and have nice planar surfaces to give the cloud to cloud registration the best chance.

That error you want to achieve should be possible, but be aware that some of the error values it'll spit out for cloud to cloud might be higher than 1.25mm. Use the TruSlicer tool to visually verify the registration and when you pull a thin slice through the cloud, you can pull measurements on the cloud to verify the overall registration tolerance for the areas you want to measure deflection.

As for general settings, reference the attached images to attain the cleanest point cloud and to help get the best chance of a tight registration. If all your scans are going to be High Density scans, that will be pretty big dataset, haha. I hope you have a computer up for the challenge. Just verify your dedicated GPU is used for Register 360 (setup through the Nvidia control panel if you have a Nvidia) and not the integrated one in your CPU. When in the visual alignment tool, it uses your GPU and if it tries running off the integrated one, it'll be super slow and laggy when you move around.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hafizhryan
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Hafizh Ryan Kurniawan
Company Details: Gadjah Mada University
Company Position Title: Undergraduate Student
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Registration Optimizing in Register 360 !

Post by hafizhryan »

Thanks in advance for your reply ! It's really clear for me

Return to “Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360”