Register 360 export pano JPG orientation issue

Discuss all Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360 software here.
Mirommer
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Ommer mir
Company Details: NOC
Company Position Title: Surveyor
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Register 360 export pano JPG orientation issue

Post by Mirommer »

Hi,
I have registered color E57 files from cyclone REGISTER 360 and pano images JPG (exported separately from register 360). I need to create LFD file in AVEVA POINT CLOUD MANAGER . The converted E57 scans to ZFC and pano images from 360 doesn't overlap well. Does anyone know how to change the orientation of pano images same as ZFC or E57 scans
badam
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Adam Berta
Company Details: InnoScan 3D Hungary Kft
Company Position Title: unknown
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: Register 360 export pano JPG orientation issue

Post by badam »

Mirommer wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:06 pm Hi,
I have registered color E57 files from cyclone REGISTER 360 and pano images JPG (exported separately from register 360). I need to create LFD file in AVEVA POINT CLOUD MANAGER . The converted E57 scans to ZFC and pano images from 360 doesn't overlap well. Does anyone know how to change the orientation of pano images same as ZFC or E57 scans
i don't know if aveva supports it but the images are in line without the setup transformations, so you will need to export the transformations (you can export in the newer releases i think in 2022 or later) as well and apply them in aveva, if that is possible.
Mirommer
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts

Post by Mirommer »

In AVEVA it takes minimum three source files (zfc, int and JEPG ) to create the color LFD database, by default if we are using the AVEVA or Z+F product for conversion, registration and generation the start and end of panoramic images are same end and start of scans. But for exported E57 from cyclone 360 and Pano images the start and end are not same.

In 2022 version of cyclone we have the orientation of each pano exported in txt file. But in AVEVA we can't change the orientation of images. Is there any third-party software suggestion for this process ?
badam
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Adam Berta
Company Details: InnoScan 3D Hungary Kft
Company Position Title: unknown
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by badam »

this is more likely to be an aveva issue, not a reg360, because if yoiu export the images from the e57 it is perfectly fine, if you apply the translations to the image object.

well, i'm not really sure, but maybe it is possible to create a new cubemap panorama with pyconvert (https://github.com/sunset1995/py360convert) with the e2p function (not sure about the rotations, fov, etc settings) then you could convert that cubemap to a new equirect. But this feels a little bit hacky solution.
Mirommer
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts

Post by Mirommer »

Exported images from E57 works perfect but it gives color wherever pointcloud is present rest of the area will appears black, I have facing issue with separate exported pano directly from Cyclone 360

I am working on code in python but it will take time. I was wondering if there is anything already available in market
smacl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Full Name: Shane MacLaughlin
Company Details: Atlas Computers Ltd
Company Position Title: Managing Director

Post by smacl »

Mirommer wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:06 pm Hi,
Possibly worth asking this question in the dedicated Aveva forum here, https://laserscanningforum.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=87
Shane MacLaughlin
Atlas Computers Ltd
www.atlascomputers.ie

SCC Point Cloud module

Return to “Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360”