Missing Project unable to reconnect

Discuss all Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360 software here.
Habtam
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Habtam
Company Details: Blom
Company Position Title: engineer

Missing Project unable to reconnect

Post by Habtam »

I have been working with a project i imported from an archive. It suddenly vanished from the list of All projects . But the project file and contents are all in the storage folder. It is also still in the list of projects in 'Projects & Storage' storage tab. it shows as active but Not connected in the same root folder i have been using. Moreover when i select it only Export, Import , Delete, Deactivate and Relocate options are active. so i could not Repair not Activate it. I tried to Relocate to another storage and tried to reconnect but it doesn't connect. Can anybody help recover the project?
laec
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Léo Collomb
Company Details: scanArc
Company Position Title: Owner
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: Missing Project unable to reconnect

Post by laec »

Did you ever find a solution?

I'm having a similar problem. I de-activated my projects and after a while the name column was empty (the size always says 1MB, I guess it's an issue with the fact that they are stored on a network share because when they are saved locally the size shows up correctly).

Now I cannot activate them as I get this error: "Specified project name string is invalid."

The data is still on the server when I navigate to it and I can create new projects.

Has anyone had similar experience?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
laec
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Léo Collomb
Company Details: scanArc
Company Position Title: Owner

Post by laec »

I figured it out...

This is the solution I came up with, not very "clean" but it works:

Symptoms
- Projects do not appear in Cyclone or are not accessible
- When trying to "Reconnect" nothing happens as the projects are already connected
- It is not possible to open any projects

Solution
Move projects files to a new location in Windows, remove the project index and reconnect the projects. Because this has to be done with Administrator mode, Windows registry has to be modified so Cyclone can access the network share while running in Administrator mode.

Steps
1. Open regedit.exe
2. Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
3. Create a new parameter (DWORD type) with the name EnableLinkedConnections and value of 1
4. Remove folder C:\ProgramData\Leica Geosystems\Cyclone REGISTER 360 (BLK Edition)
5. Restart
6. Move project files to a new directory (might not be needed)
7. Start Cyclone in Administrator mode
8. Go to Project & Storage, click Reconnect and navigate to your new project location
badam
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Adam Berta
Company Details: InnoScan 3D Hungary Kft
Company Position Title: unknown

Post by badam »

laec wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:40 pm I figured it out...

This is the solution I came up with, not very "clean" but it works:

Symptoms
- Projects do not appear in Cyclone or are not accessible
- When trying to "Reconnect" nothing happens as the projects are already connected
- It is not possible to open any projects

Solution
Move projects files to a new location in Windows, remove the project index and reconnect the projects. Because this has to be done with Administrator mode, Windows registry has to be modified so Cyclone can access the network share while running in Administrator mode.

Steps
1. Open regedit.exe
2. Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
3. Create a new parameter (DWORD type) with the name EnableLinkedConnections and value of 1
4. Remove folder C:\ProgramData\Leica Geosystems\Cyclone REGISTER 360 (BLK Edition)
5. Restart
6. Move project files to a new directory (might not be needed)
7. Start Cyclone in Administrator mode
8. Go to Project & Storage, click Reconnect and navigate to your new project location
I'm sorry but i would not recommend any of this steps.

I don't know where did you get these steps from. 1-3 straight unnecessary.

You just created a new serverdb with removing the directory and it's files mentioned in the 4th step. And starting the program after this step.

You don't need to move the project storage (6th step unnecesarry).

7th step You don"t need to run cyclone with admin rigths and i wouldn't recommend runing any program with admin rigths.

8th step i imagine how long this reconnect took. It would be days or even weeks for us. I'd never want that anyone. That is why we keep every projects in it's own db.

4th step, then start cyclone and then reconnect that would have been the same.

But i would warn anybody that the reconnect would take long time.

I'm very annoyed that leica force their users this kind of hacks, just because they thought the serverdb nonsense is good idea. And there is no documentation whatsoever how leica stores their files.

Return to “Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360”