Suggested Links

Discuss all Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360 software here.
tmad
I have made 30-40 posts
I have made 30-40 posts
Full Name: Thomas Madlberger
Company Details: PORR AG
Company Position Title: Execution Digitalisation Support
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: Suggested Links

Post by tmad »

RJGEOMATICS wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:03 am
tmad wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:44 am
RJGEOMATICS wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:04 pm ...Find Suggested Links still works...
Hey Richard,

could you show me an onscreen video or something similar documenting that? I honestly doubt it but would be grateful if I was wrong :)
badam wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:31 pm i think the 50 links is good enough for every projects sizes. but of course how you normally use that.
in theory there is a setting allowing up to 500, old screenshot (reg360 manual) but still valid.
Find links works on any data.. You can bring in even Raw Faro FLS files and once you have formed the Bundle with a few visual alignments, run a few C2C and Optimizations. Then you absolutely can right click on Bundle in the Left Menu and click on "Show Suggested Links" then click on one of the "White Dashed links" and say add all Visible... And yes, all visual means only the White Dashed links that are visible on your screen. The more times you run and rerun, after running "Run C2C on All Links" and Optimize, the more link suggestions it'll show each time you repeat the iteration. Once you get over about 500 stations into a single bundle, even with a good new i9 CPU and 128GB of Ram, it does take some time for the C2C on all links routine to run, as there are an exponential amount of iterations Register360 needs to run. Links really take it out of your CPU and Ram. Last project was just over 1700 stations, and all assembled into one bundle with tons of links. It took nearly 2 hours to run the "Run C2C on all Links" But it works. And when the PointCloud was run in Verity, the walls and Columns across all 5 floors were perfect, as it was 1700 Scans across all 5 floors and linked together via 4 separate stair cases.

Also even the Auto Cloud will work on Any Data import such as old C10 data, or Faro FLS files, or just bringing in RAW BLK files. I do recommend limiting your import to fewer than 10 stations or fewer at a time. Don't make the computing waste a bunch of time looking for matches.
I mean technically you're not wrong - it works somewhat but not to the extend it used to until version 2020.1 :)
I don't know if you worked with that version (and earlier ones as well) but it wasn't needed to manually iterate. You just created sitemaps floorwise (the z-sensitivity has always been a thing), ran suggest links one and were done.
And even if you try to bruteforce the iteration/links by manually clicking over and over it still doesnt find very obvious links in the same elevation.

Tbh I don't doubt that it works out for you and it may be some weird bug on my side hence I asked for a on screen video. Hard to judge if we're on the same page just from describing the basic workflow you do.

kind regards
thomas

edit: added a picture of what it used to be - clearly no need to iterate after adding those links, when trying the same command on version 2021.0 it barely showed any links
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PORR AG
Thomas Madlberger
www.porr-group.com
RJGEOMATICS
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Bart Man
Company Details: Laser Scanning
Company Position Title: Passionate about making amazing PCs

Post by RJGEOMATICS »

tmad wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:06 am
RJGEOMATICS wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:03 am
tmad wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:44 am

Hey Richard,

could you show me an onscreen video or something similar documenting that? I honestly doubt it but would be grateful if I was wrong :)

in theory there is a setting allowing up to 500, old screenshot (reg360 manual) but still valid.
Find links works on any data.. You can bring in even Raw Faro FLS files and once you have formed the Bundle with a few visual alignments, run a few C2C and Optimizations. Then you absolutely can right click on Bundle in the Left Menu and click on "Show Suggested Links" then click on one of the "White Dashed links" and say add all Visible... And yes, all visual means only the White Dashed links that are visible on your screen. The more times you run and rerun, after running "Run C2C on All Links" and Optimize, the more link suggestions it'll show each time you repeat the iteration. Once you get over about 500 stations into a single bundle, even with a good new i9 CPU and 128GB of Ram, it does take some time for the C2C on all links routine to run, as there are an exponential amount of iterations Register360 needs to run. Links really take it out of your CPU and Ram. Last project was just over 1700 stations, and all assembled into one bundle with tons of links. It took nearly 2 hours to run the "Run C2C on all Links" But it works. And when the PointCloud was run in Verity, the walls and Columns across all 5 floors were perfect, as it was 1700 Scans across all 5 floors and linked together via 4 separate stair cases.

Also even the Auto Cloud will work on Any Data import such as old C10 data, or Faro FLS files, or just bringing in RAW BLK files. I do recommend limiting your import to fewer than 10 stations or fewer at a time. Don't make the computing waste a bunch of time looking for matches.
I mean technically you're not wrong - it works somewhat but not to the extend it used to until version 2020.1 :)
I don't know if you worked with that version (and earlier ones as well) but it wasn't needed to manually iterate. You just created sitemaps floorwise (the z-sensitivity has always been a thing), ran suggest links one and were done.
And even if you try to bruteforce the iteration/links by manually clicking over and over it still doesnt find very obvious links in the same elevation.

Tbh I don't doubt that it works out for you and it may be some weird bug on my side hence I asked for a on screen video. Hard to judge if we're on the same page just from describing the basic workflow you do.

kind regards
thomas

edit: added a picture of what it used to be - clearly no need to iterate after adding those links, when trying the same command on version 2021.0 it barely showed any links
If your project in question is only like 20 stations or so can you just Compress the folder and upload for sharing. When we get a break in one of our computers I'll dump them in quickly.

Yes we accidental started using Register360 in 2017 because of a purchasing mistake when we needed another Cyclone License. So we were all of a sudden stuck with a Register360 license that we needed put to use with P series data. So after about 18 months of running side by side with cyclone we finally found what was a comfortable level of use with limitations for Register. So been using R360 since the first release.
RJGEOMATICS
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by RJGEOMATICS »

This seems to be an ongoing topic, and so many little things. Another obvious factor that I completely forgot to mention is your settings. Now I have blanked out the Values, as every data set is going to be treated a little differently. There are no Unicorn values that fit every scan project. Also as stated before, the algorithm looks at scan volumes of points. So, if you are fluctuating your Density, and spacing etc... then things get wonky and you need keep running different routines to get volumes recognized.

And I will always go back to step one, which I know so many people ignore. DO NOT USE YOUR FIELD AND VIS LINKS. Go through every field and vis link with Visual alignment before doing anything. you absolutely without question, need visually align every single Field360 and VIS plus Auto C2C import links with the Visual Alignment function before doing anything else. If you skip that critical step, then go back and start over.
And I don't care what Field or Auto Register routine, be it Z&F Blue workflow, or Trimble Connect or Faro, or Realworks, Automatic and Field added links always need be analyzed before proceeding with any further registration works.
C2C Settings.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tmad
I have made 30-40 posts
I have made 30-40 posts
Full Name: Thomas Madlberger
Company Details: PORR AG
Company Position Title: Execution Digitalisation Support

Post by tmad »

RJGEOMATICS wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:10 pm This seems to be an ongoing topic, and so many little things. Another obvious factor that I completely forgot to mention is your settings. Now I have blanked out the Values, as every data set is going to be treated a little differently. There are no Unicorn values that fit every scan project. Also as stated before, the algorithm looks at scan volumes of points. So, if you are fluctuating your Density, and spacing etc... then things get wonky and you need keep running different routines to get volumes recognized.

And I will always go back to step one, which I know so many people ignore. DO NOT USE YOUR FIELD AND VIS LINKS. Go through every field and vis link with Visual alignment before doing anything. you absolutely without question, need visually align every single Field360 and VIS plus Auto C2C import links with the Visual Alignment function before doing anything else. If you skip that critical step, then go back and start over.
And I don't care what Field or Auto Register routine, be it Z&F Blue workflow, or Trimble Connect or Faro, or Realworks, Automatic and Field added links always need be analyzed before proceeding with any further registration works.

C2C Settings.JPG
I won't put anymore effort into this since you clearly ignore my simple request for any documentation from your side showing the function working.
You just keep explaining obvious (at least to me) things and settings.

Nontheless, thank you for the conversation and have a nice day
PORR AG
Thomas Madlberger
www.porr-group.com
RJGEOMATICS
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by RJGEOMATICS »

tmad wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:15 am
RJGEOMATICS wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:10 pm This seems to be an ongoing topic, and so many little things. Another obvious factor that I completely forgot to mention is your settings. Now I have blanked out the Values, as every data set is going to be treated a little differently. There are no Unicorn values that fit every scan project. Also as stated before, the algorithm looks at scan volumes of points. So, if you are fluctuating your Density, and spacing etc... then things get wonky and you need keep running different routines to get volumes recognized.

C2C Settings.JPG
I won't put anymore effort into this since you clearly ignore my simple request for any documentation from your side showing the function working.
You just keep explaining obvious (at least to me) things and settings.

Nontheless, thank you for the conversation and have a nice day
As stated above. If you want share 20 scans or so, be happy to look.

In the Videos you posted, you do not run C2C on all links. Running C2C on all links and then optimizing, and then going to Show Visible Links will give more suggestions. Every time you want look again for more suggestion, repeat. Run C2C on all Links, then Optimize Bundle, then proceed to show suggested links.

Here is an image of it working just fine, and this was different data sets, from C10, BLK360 and RTC360, and it is finding links between the different scanners also.
show suggested links.JPG

Return to “Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360”