Two images in one station

Discuss all Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360 software here.
wittk
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Kacper Witkowski
Company Details: Geodeta FG
Company Position Title: Surveyor
Linkedin Profile: No

Two images in one station

Post by wittk »

Hello everyone!
I've started my adventure with laser scanning recently. I have Leica P20 and i can't figure out how to solve one issue with my scans. The problem is that i have two images inside one station, and after importing them into Cyclone there are no images on part of my scan world or even no points. I always have just second image which unfortunately isn't the one i need.
Once it was my mistake, i made two scans from one station, without moving my scanner, and forgot to disable photos.

But now it don't even know why i have this two images. I was making some scans today, and after importing them into Cyclone i can see just quarter of a scene in one station (no points, no photos). I figured out that this station is split into two images, but that's all i know. I tried to delete this second image form disc, but then there are no photos in scan world at all, but i have got points. I tried to copy and paste photos from first image folder to second folder in explorer, but it also doesn't done the job (photos are in wrong destination). I am really confused because i have scan for this station, but i can't use it.
Is there any way to figure this out? I hope there is simple solution. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Kacper
Phil Marsh
Administrator
Administrator
Full Name: Phil Marsh
Company Details: Laser Scanning Forum Ltd
Company Position Title: Director
Skype Name: phil.h.marsh
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Two images in one station

Post by Phil Marsh »

Right click create new scanworld then just move the second set of images into the new scanworld. Then just apply the images to current setup.
LASER SCANNING FORUM
[email protected]
wittk
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts

Post by wittk »

Phil, thanks for Your response. The problem is more complicated, i don't have two sets of images in Cyclone. I can see two sets in file explorer (two folders with .jxr photos inside), but i don't have a clue how to import them into Cyclone. I tried partial import, but there is always just one image to import, in this case it is "Image-2", no sign of "Image-1".

By the way, i know why my scan was split. It happened to me again, when one of batteries was depleted during scanning. Scanning paused for few seconds, and i have two images and two scans in this station.
Phill
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Phillip Nixon
Company Details: SKM

Post by Phill »

Kacper

You have to mess with cyclones brain to get this done. Somewhere on that mess of files is something that tells cyclone what to import... eg it stores scan's from bad target's but won't import them.

What you need to do is make cyclone think the correct image is the wrong one by renaming it. (Backup all the stuff somewhere just in case you mess it up).

Eg image-1 is the right one, but cyclone thinks image-2 is the right one cause it was the last one scanned. If you move out all the image-2 and his mates somewhere else and then rename all the image-1 to the image-2 names it will import them instead. A program such as advaced rename may be of some assistance if you've got a fair few to do

Hope this helps

Phill
Phil Marsh
Administrator
Administrator
Full Name: Phil Marsh
Company Details: Laser Scanning Forum Ltd
Company Position Title: Director
Skype Name: phil.h.marsh
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by Phil Marsh »

Use the data copy tool to split the file down at the images folder level. Highlight one set of images and export them to a new import file.
LASER SCANNING FORUM
[email protected]
wittk
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts

Post by wittk »

Thank You Phil. It works! It is really very simple. Problem solved.

I coulnd't get it right with renaming scans. It was like bending the rules, there were always some issues.

Kind regards,
Kacper

Return to “Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360”