Export to .las with EPSG and scanner code

Discuss all Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360 software here.
Wiktor
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Wiktor Kumosinski
Company Details: KGHM
Company Position Title: Mine Surveyor
Linkedin Profile: No

Export to .las with EPSG and scanner code

Post by Wiktor »

Hello. I've searched the forum but not found the answer. Does anybody know how to convert point cloud data from leica Cyclone to .las format (version 1.2 with EPSG code and information about laser scanner used)? I suppose, that some other software will be needed. Currently I realize the export from cyclone to .las in such a way: 1. Export from cyclone to .pts. 2. Import to 3Dreshaper. 3. Export to .las., but I'm not sure if the file has EPSG code and information about scanner. Maybe someone can help?
Graham
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: GrahamM
Company Details: AVEVA
Company Position Title: Software Engineer

Re: Export to .las with EPSG and scanner code

Post by Graham »

I would recommend looking at the output in an alternative viewer just to be sure, for example Quick Terrain Reader or Cloud Compare. Not only can you check the metadata but the data is exported as expected.
lastools
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Martin Isenburg
Company Details: rapidlasso - fast tools to catch reality
Company Position Title: creators of LAStools and LASzip
Skype Name: isenburg
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Export to .las with EPSG and scanner code

Post by lastools »

Hello from @rapidlasso,

conversion from PTS to LAS or LAZ has been [url=htts://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/lastools/pts$20txt2las]discussed at length in the LAStools user forum[/url]. As PTS is really just plain ASCII you can use the free and open source command line tool txt2las to do the conversion. If you know the EPSG code to be xxxx simply add '-epsg xxxx' to the command line. Another tool with a nice and simple GUI is pointzip that can also turn PTS into either LAS or LAZ (but then you'll have to add the EPSG code later).

Regards,

Martin

Return to “Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360”