Z+FUK1
I have made 40-50 posts
I have made 40-50 posts
Full Name: andrea howey
Company Details: Z+F UK
Company Position Title: Marketing Co-Ordinator

INTERGEO 2008 & Z+F PRODUCT PREVIEWS

Post by Z+FUK1 »

This year 15,000 experts from every continent attended INTERGEO® 2008, once again demonstrating the exhibition to be an important international event and trade fair for geodesy, geo-information and land management applications.

Z+F's well attended stand at INTERGEO® 2008 managed to impress both existing customers and other interested visitors. The high attendance was also evident of how fast 3D Laser scanning is developing and the important position that Z+F hold in this market.

During the two day event Z+F GmbH and Z+F UK presented several new hardware and software solutions concerning 3D laser scanning, this included the preview of our improved version of the the Z+F IMAGER® 5006, the Z+F IMAGER® 5006i.The Z+F IMAGER® 5006i allows for improved point cloud data quality and is now more resistant to environmental conditions with the ability to operate within temperatures as low as -10°C or as high as 45°C!
The scanner can continue to be used within its 'Stand Alone' concept. The integrated battery enables an independent power supply and the data can be stored directly on the internal hard drive.

Further to this the Z+F IMAGER® 5006i has a reduced range noise on surfaces of objects which has benefits in the later data evaluation. The difficulties associated with scanning certain surfaces e.g. polished metal are also reduced.

In addition to the above, A WLAN interface has been integrated for easier handling of the Z+F IMAGER® 5006i. Other devices such as a notebook, PC, PDA or iPhone can now also be used to operate the scanner and view the scanned data without the use of any additional software.

The new IMAGER 5006i also takes account of the increasing trend to use coloured point cloud data and the importance of this in many applications such as Forensics and Architecture. The Z+F IMAGER® 5006i like its predecessor is equipped with the necessary interfaces for connecting a camera to the scanner, enabling the capture of colour point cloud data sets.

Z+F are dedicated to enhancing productivity and improving the Laser scanning process from targetting, and scanning to delivery. This dedication applies to our hardware and also to the Industries standard, LFM point cloud solution software. INTERGEO® 2008 provided an important opportunity for Z+FUK to demonstrate the enhanced productivity of LFM Modeller version 3.92

With the new version of LFM Modeller 3.92 it is possible for the first time to realise the modelling process directly in the 2D-BubbleView. Selection of points in the 3D view which was once a time consuming process can now be avoided as users are now able to select objects in the BubbleView. Standard libraries, whole pipe runs as well as structural steel can also be modelled within a few simple steps. This simple and fast modelling process was exceptionally well received at INTERGEO® 2008 by customers and other interested persons.

Other new features of LFM Modeller 3.92 include:

* Enhanced survey point clarity
* Bubble view multi-element pipe run fitting
* Bubble view steel section fitting
* Automatic standard object selection within Instant Fitting
* Comprehensive standards libraries for extensive range of components
* Intelligent connectivity and manipulation for library components
* Single-operation loading of bubble and 2D views
* 2D lasso for refined point selection

Return to “Press Releases”