I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Nicola
Company Details: FARO
Company Position Title: Regional Marketing Manager UK
Linkedin Profile: Yes

FARO® Introduces the ScanPlanTM Handheld Floor Mapper for AEC professionals

Post by Nicola.burgess »

Efficient scan project planning with new ScanAssist functionality

Rugby, UK, 2nd April, 2019, FARO® (NASDAQ:FARO), the world's most trusted source for 3D measurement and imaging solutions for Construction BIM announces the launch of a firmware update to the FARO® ScanPlanTM, solution to better address the workflow needs of AEC professionals.
This next generation handheld scanner was introduced to the market as a lightweight, 2D handheld mapper to quickly and easily capture and visualize 2D floor plans. Now, with new features such as the ScanAssist, Scan Localizer and PanoCam functionalities, AEC professionals can save time and money using the ScanPlan to gather a fast and accurate overview of the scan site or building. Specifically, architects, service providers, construction managers, facility managers as well as real estate agents benefit by determining efficient scan project planning - pre-placement of stationary scans – which results in efficient scan effort estimations and scan job preparations.

ScanAssist

The ScanAssist feature allows users to create more accurate quotations in less time. ScanAssist automatically calculates the best laser scanner positions based on the recorded 2D map. Information about the size of the building as well as needed number and positions of single scans ensure a comprehensive coverage of the scan site and fast overview of the scan situation.

Scan Localizer

The Scan Localizer functionality facilitates the pre-placement of individual scans especially when missing scan overlaps impede the proper registration of 3D scans. By transferring the ScanPlan position to a FARO Focus Laser Scanner, single 3D scans are already pre-positioned to simplify and accelerate the ensuing registration in FARO SCENE software.

DXF File Export

This DXF file export functionality allows a direct usage of the captured 2D map in the customer’s target application. The data is useable in any CAD system for further modelling without additional conversion for a smoother and more efficient workflow.

PanoCam/VR functionality

With the PanoCam users benefit from panorama images, localized in the floor plan, to get a 360° overview of the captured area. All stakeholders get immediate access to the captured data after export into SCENE WebShare Cloud. What’s more, an export functionality to the Present4D VR Suite allows customers to experience the captured images in virtual reality (VR). The VR presentation is readily available in just a few minutes without any additional effort once the capturing process is completed.

“Since the initial release of the FARO ScanPlan we have continuously worked on further developing our 2D handheld mapper capabilities”, states Andreas Gerster, Vice President Global Construction BIM. “With this new firmware update, especially with the ScanAssist and Scan Localizer additions, the ScanPlan – together with our FARO Focus Laser Scanner – further builds upon our Traceable ConstructionTM on-site capture proficiency. We have accelerated the 3D capture workflow and made it straight-forward for our AEC customers. For buildings in particular, the ScanPlan is easy to use and ideal to create efficient floor plans. The operation is as simple as walk, point and capture so the level of expertise and training required is minimal.”

Demonstrations can be scheduled at www.faro.com.
sheartab
I have made 60-70 posts
I have made 60-70 posts
Full Name: Sheartab
Company Details: Arch Eng Design Firm
Company Position Title: BIM Manager
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: FARO® Introduces the ScanPlanTM Handheld Floor Mapper for AEC professionals

Post by sheartab »

Finally! Excited to get my hands on one of these to test out.
Scott
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Scott Page
Company Details: Scott Page Design- Architectural service
Company Position Title: Owner
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: FARO® Introduces the ScanPlanTM Handheld Floor Mapper for AEC professionals

Post by Scott »

sheartab wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:05 pm Finally! Excited to get my hands on one of these to test out.
When you do -write a critical review for the rest of us!

Return to “Press Release”