I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Nicola
Company Details: FARO
Company Position Title: Regional Marketing Manager UK
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Scene 7.1 Software, Enabled for Virtual Reality

Post by Nicola.burgess »

Rugby, November 9th, 2017 - FARO® (NASDAQ: FARO), the world’s most trusted source for product design, construction BIM/CIM, and public safety forensics announces the release of Virtual Reality (VR)-ready FARO® SCENE 7.1 software (https://www.faro.com/en-gb/products/pro ... aro-scene/). FARO SCENE 7.1 enables an immersive VR experience with integration of detailed photographic textures, i.e., surface details of an object and rendering of 3D scan data so quickly that it appears to be generated in real time.

A free 30 day trial for SCENE 7.1 is available for download at: https://www.faro.com/resource/scene7/

While SCENE 7.1 is optimized for the FARO laser scanning product portfolio, e.g. FocusS or Freestyle, it is also device agnostic, so it can seamlessly accept and manage 3D scan data from other, non-FARO laser scanner products.

Immersive Virtual Reality
SCENE 7.1 enables users to view an entire project, i.e., the full range of related scans in full 3D virtual reality through a compatible VR headset from the comfort of the user’s office or workstation chair. This significantly elevates the beneficial use and reduces project cycle time by enabling architecture, engineering and construction professionals, public safety forensics experts and product designers to quickly simulate and compare reality for such tasks as evaluating as-built documentation, reconstructing crime or accident scenes, or optimizing design plans.

Productivity Enhancements in Virtual Reality
SCENE 7.1 advances well beyond the “see it better to understand it better” concept common in most industrial VR solutions. It enhances productivity by enabling users to take/capture screenshots, tag comments or notes specific to images and navigate the system overview map in real time, all without needing to exit the Virtual Reality environment.

Merging of FARO Terrestrial and Handheld Scanning Data
Historically, the FARO Focus and Freestyle products have had their own unique, coded targets (markers that identify scan areas/specific targets), which could not be shared by the other scanning device. With SCENE 7.1 enhanced functionality, not only can both devices share coded targets, but they can also now verify registration of scans from both devices in a single, real time registration report. This ensures not only a more cohesive workflow between these devices but also enables projects to be completed faster.

“We have been actively pushing the agenda to integrate high value VR capability and compatibility into our reality capture products,” stated Andreas Gerster, Vice President, Global Construction BIM-CIM. “This is the third major introduction in this area from FARO over the past year and we are confident that facilitating the way our customers interact in a virtual project environment with access to real time, simulated real world information makes the planning processes more tangible and less error prone.”
brianpgreen
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Brian Green
Company Details: Green Forensics-Azure Green Consultants
Company Position Title: Owner
Skype Name: brian.green.forensics

Re: Scene 7.1 Software, Enabled for Virtual Reality

Post by brianpgreen »

Is scene lt 7.1 available? I don't see the link. Does LT allow for the VR?
louis.bergmann
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Louis Bergmann
Company Details: Faro
Company Position Title: 3D Software Developer - Scene
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by louis.bergmann »

brianpgreen wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:10 pm Is scene lt 7.1 available? I don't see the link. Does LT allow for the VR?
Hi,
I am happy to say that VR also works with the free SCENE LT!
Please use this download link for SCENE:
https://knowledge.faro.com/Software/FAR ... _for_SCENE
msivil
I have made 80-90 posts
I have made 80-90 posts
Full Name: Marko Sivil
Company Details: Sivil 3d Oy
Company Position Title: CEO

Post by msivil »

Hello Faro representatives,

Would be possible to get same Oculus Touch controls to this new VR View, as in the VR Generator datasets? Like flying and turning head with the joysticks and going up and down with the triggers. I do not like the controls on Steam VR, if trying to fly just sitting still.
Best Regards,
Marko Sivil

www.sivil3d.fi
louis.bergmann
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Louis Bergmann
Company Details: Faro
Company Position Title: 3D Software Developer - Scene
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by louis.bergmann »

msivil wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:50 pm Hello Faro representatives,

Would be possible to get same Oculus Touch controls to this new VR View, as in the VR Generator datasets? Like flying and turning head with the joysticks and going up and down with the triggers. I do not like the controls on Steam VR, if trying to fly just sitting still.
Hi Marko,

thanks for asking! Some clients already asked for that mode as they are used to the VR Generator. We are thinking how to integrate that mode into the SCENE VR viewer. Let's see when we can do this but I can of course not give you a time frame for this right now.
Until then you can just use the keyboard WASD keys to move forward, left, backwards, right and R and F to fly up and down. The keys Q and E are for rotating but there is an issue that if you use Q and R, the rotation in VR will break. You can use shift + W/A/S/D/R/F to fly faster as in the normal SCENE 3D View.

Regards
Louis

Return to “Press Release”