I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Ravi Kumar Thummanapalli
Company Details: TriGeo
Company Position Title: Manager

DGN to PDMS Export using RealityLinx

Post by trk »

Hi,

I have a 3d model in Microstation DGN format and I would like to save DGN file in to PDMS mac file. Anyone suggest the procedure to open/import the 3D DGN in Realitylinx and then from RealityLinx to PDMS.

Thanks in advance.

Ravi
Graham
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: GrahamM
Company Details: AVEVA
Company Position Title: Software Engineer

Re: DGN to PDMS Export using RealityLinx

Post by Graham »

You might have better luck with PDMS import export questions on PDMSWorld http://www.pdmsworld.com/forum/ but if you are using the 12 series export the data to a STEP file and import through the Mechanical Equipment Interface.
trk
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Ravi Kumar Thummanapalli
Company Details: TriGeo
Company Position Title: Manager

Post by trk »

Hi,

Finally I exported the DGN models from RealityLinx to PDMS mac using the RealityLInx Manage. However I am unable to open the mac file in PDMS and getting the error message as in attached screen capture. Please halp me out to resolve this.

Thanks in advance

Ravi
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mstook
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Martin Stook
Company Details: INOVx Solutions
Company Position Title: Mgr. Software Development
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by mstook »

Ravi,

Remember RealityLINx is not a converter and export to DATAL is intended for RealityLINx Model natively created geometry only. Having said that, we have recently seen this issue with imported geometry and appears a problem when the DATAL file contains many elements that cannot be correctly imported into PDMS due to floating point precision errors. Do you see many errors appear in the PDMS command window ? The imported DGN probably contains extruded and revolved elements. Extruded elements will be exported to DATAL as either EXTRU or POLYHE. However POLYHE faces must be planar and form a solid and floating point precision issues may cause problems when importing into PDMS. This can be fixed by exporting to POHE which is not ideal but at least gets the job done. We fixed this in RealityLINx 5.3.0.335 (November 23, 2010) but have not released a service pack yet that includes this fix. I suggest you zip and send the DGN to [email protected]. We will import into RealityLINx 5.3.0.335 and export to DATAL and report back to you whether the DATAL imports successfully.

Martin
INOVx Solutions
Nikolas
I have made 30-40 posts
I have made 30-40 posts
Full Name: Nicolas Constantinides
Company Details: Topomaster
Company Position Title: Intern
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by Nikolas »

We also want to import a drawing file from AutoCAD into RealityLinx but the only adapter we can select for importing is the Leica COE adapter. How can we obtain the AutoCAD provider adapter?

cheers
MatthewByrd
I have made 50-60 posts
I have made 50-60 posts
Full Name: Matthew Byrd
Company Details: Nexus 3D Consulting
Company Position Title: Owner
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by MatthewByrd »

Nikolas wrote:We also want to import a drawing file from AutoCAD into RealityLinx but the only adapter we can select for importing is the Leica COE adapter. How can we obtain the AutoCAD provider adapter?

cheers

If you're working with a "RealiyLINx Model" License..

In order to "Import" an AUTOCAD Dwg file, into RealityLINx, you have to purchase the "AutoCAD Import ADD-ON" from Inovx.

Its an add-on, which then allows you to select the autocad option under the import tab.

Return to “Inovx”