First time I'm asking for help here
I'm preparing a webinar (it's upcoming Tuesday...) "Structured vs. unstructured point clouds"
Everything regarding explanation is fine so far,
but I'd like to give the attendees a more or less complete list of file formats from all vendors.
Might be in addition helpful for other folks on here.
What I have so far:
- Vendor | project format | point cloud format | structured / unstructured
- ArcGIS | - | *.ASC | u - only digital surface data
- Artec | - | ??? | u
- ASCII | - | *.PTS, *.XYZ | u
- ASCII | - | *.PTX | s
- AutoDesk | *.RCP | *.RCS | su
- DotProduct | - | *.DP | u
- E57 | - | *.E57 | su
- FARO | *.LSPROJ | *.FLS | s
- GeoTIFF | - | *.GEOTIFF | u - only digital surface data -> see ASC
- LAS/LAZ | - | *.LAS, *.LAZ | u
- Leica | *.PTG | *.PTG | s
- Leica | ? | *.LGS | su
- Leica MS60 | - | *.SDB | ?
- Leica Pegasus | - | *.HPC, *.SDC | u
- Mantis | - | *.MPC, *.MVX | u
- Microstation | - | *.POD | u
- Point Cloud library | - | *.PCL | su
- PointCab | *.LSDX | *.LSD| su
- Pointfuse | - | *.PFC | ?
- Potree | *.JS | *.BIN | u
- RIEGL | *.RSP | *.RXP, *.RDBX | s
- SCC | - | *.Pointcloud | su
- SEMA | - | *.SPW | u
- Surphaser | - | *.c3d | s
- Topcon | - | *.CL3 | s
- Trimble Realworks | .RWP | .TZF | su
- Z*F | *.ZFPRJ | *.ZFS | s
- Leica - is LGS everything and is there a project format?
BTW if you see something wrong, please tell me!
I get the feeling there are more point cloud formats than software packages out there