Full Name: Mike Annear
Company Details: Mike Annear
Company Position Title: 3D Modeler
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Learn Rhino 6 - Free Online Course

Post by Mike Annear »

As you know, I use Rhino 3D for 99 percent of my modelling from Point Clouds
(...cos I keep mentioning it... :)
You too now have a great opportunity to learn this wonderful software package. Once you have mastered Rhino, you can the add the Veesus Rhino Plugin
which adds the ""XStreamEngine for point clouds, to allow massive sizes of data to be loaded into the native Rhino environment.""
http://veesus.com/veesus-arena4d-rhino/
See Below...

Learn Rhino 6 - Free Online Course
* In English or Spanish * En Inglés o Español *

New to Rhino? Get to know Rhinoceros 6 and learn step by step the necessary tools to get started in the world of 3D modeling:
This course is progressive and practical.
You can start by recognizing the possibilities of the program and its interface.
You will then go on to the basic handling of two-dimensional drawing of both regular geometric figures and the exploration of more complex and organic curves.
Additionally, you can build surfaces and solids that will allow you to design and build the projects you have in mind.
Finally, you will learn how to represent your projects with the basic tools of rendering, 2D drawing, and printing pages.

Go ahead and take advantage of this free course. Also, upon completion, you can obtain a certificate of attendance.
Don't wait. Sign up now!!!
For English click here -
Para Español, haga clic aquí

https://www.rhino3d.education/p/rhino-6-introduction
Mike Annear
www.mikeannear.com
QLD, Australia.
Bohdan gutnyk
I have made 20-30 posts
I have made 20-30 posts
Full Name: Bohdan Gutnyk
Company Details: 3dm company in kiev
Company Position Title: 3dm
Skype Name: bohdangutnyk
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: Learn Rhino 6 - Free Online Course

Post by Bohdan gutnyk »

Thanks Mike, now I have a Rhino certificate in my resume! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike Annear
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by Mike Annear »

Thanks Bohdan,
Pretty simple isn't it ?
Rhino is very easy to learn and simple to use.
I have a strong background with 3Ds Max, I gave up on AutoCad years ago despite using it every day, they are both very clunky and the support from Autodesk is terrible. I usually get same-day response from McNeel (Rhino)
AutoCad and 3Ds Max are both VERY expensive software packages for small business operators like me.
I remember enduring a 4 day Bentley Descartes training program a few years ago and then switching straight back to Rhino 3D :)

Give Rhino a try
Have a look at my webpage,
Most of the modelling has been done with Rhino 3D, with and without the Veesus Rhino Plugin.
Mike
Mike Annear
www.mikeannear.com
QLD, Australia.
Ronald Reuling
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Ronald Reuling
Company Details: Lantera BV
Company Position Title: Owner

Post by Ronald Reuling »

Hi Mike,

Thank you for sharing this with us. I think you are right about all the Autodesk products. Also we are searching for alternative software.
So I started the beginners course. But there are some questions that I have that were not answered there (of course). But also elsewhere I could'nt find the answers. Perhaps you can help us.

1) We are mainly doing scanning/modelling in (petro)chemical industries. So our first question was: Is Rhino suitable for that? What is your opinion about this? (I'm aware of Plant3D, Edgewise and that kind of software. But that's "too much" for us.)

2) Our pointclouds are fairly large in size. Can you tell us something about limitations of Rhino as stand alone software without Veesus?

3) Is there a posibility of "best surface fitting" of parts of the pointcloud so we don't have to "estimate by the eye"?

4) We have a lot of piping and steel. These items are almost completely standarized. Depending on the answer to question 3: Is there some kind of best surface fitting and a possibility to connect to a library with these items?

5) I saw that there is a module called "RhinoPiping Pro". But I saw also that last year they quitted development and another company "took over the project". The name of that company was not mentioned. Furthermore RhinoPiping Pro is still being sold. But it seems to work only with Rhino5 and not Rhino6. This all seems very strange to me. Do you know anything about the current situation with RhinoPiping Pro and/or future plans?

Thanks in advance,

Ronald Reuling
Lantera b.v., The Netherlands
E: [email protected]
Mike Annear
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by Mike Annear »

Hi Ronald,
Sorry for the slow reply, I have been quite busy.
1) Yes, I have done several Plant projects using Rhino3D
2) If you are planning to work with large pointclouds I would definitely recommend using the Veesus plug in.
It also depends on what Computer power you have. There are Trial versions of both Rhino and Veesus available, Download Rhino and test it out by importing large E.57s, then install the Veesus plugin and test the same pointclouds again.
3) There is Plane fitting and the ability to extract Circles from pipe pointclouds. There is also a couple of methods of extracting more complicated cross sections from boat hulls, car parts etc.
I tend to model cross sections of beams, tube etc in 2D, then loft them along centrelines or extracted edges to create fitted solids.
Rhino can also do a "Points to surface" deviation test similar to cloud compare for a quick check.
I am not sure about "RhinoPiping Pro", but I do know there was a free version with a huge catalogue of parts.

I hope that helps,
Mike.
Mike Annear
www.mikeannear.com
QLD, Australia.
mjankor
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Martin Ankor
Company Details: TasWater
Company Position Title: Surveyor

Post by mjankor »

How's Veesus compare to the old Pointools plugin? (Retro, yay!!)
Mike Annear
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by Mike Annear »

Hi Martin,
The Veesus plugin looks and works very similar to Pointools , Veesus has a free .VPC creator, similar to the old .POD creator.
I was gutted when Bentley acquired Point tools so that Microstation could finally deal with Point Clouds.
They effectively shut out Rhino 3D users in the process, probably hoping to kill any competition.
I am glad Veesus has filled the gap again.
Cheers,
Mike.
Mike Annear
www.mikeannear.com
QLD, Australia.

Return to “General Chat”