V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Scott Page
Company Details: Scott Page Design- Architectural service
Company Position Title: Owner
Linkedin Profile: No

Interval timers

Post by Scott »

Usually one can circle the scanner to manage it. Recently I found myself scanning a small power station situated near a woodland creek. It was a lovely place to scan, but difficult with steep, slippery embankments and abundant vegetation. With tight tripod placements, there were few (close) places to remove oneself from the line-of-sight path of the scanner. I couldn't see or hear the beep once I found a suitable tree to hide behind. I've tried many timers from smart phones, stop watches, or just a wristwatch to time the scan duration, but none was perfect. I'm looking at windup darkroom timers, but they are all too big or don't have a ringer. Vintage Interval timers used for timing x-rays (see below) look promising, but are larger than I'd like, though they do sport a hanging ring that could be used with the tripod. It's the short time ranges that I like: 1-10 minutes, and a ringer. No batteries. What are others using when scanning positions are too tight to be close to the equipment?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “General Chat”