Full Name: Huynh Tri Luan
Company Details: Star Global Expert Solutions JSC
Company Position Title: Application Engineer
Skype Name: Tri Luan
Linkedin Profile: No

LDRPanorama Images

Post by Tri Luan »

Hi all,
When scaning, I turn on HDR mode. Import this file scan into SCENE software, result after processing will 1 folder: HDRPictures Data contain 1 HDRPanoram and some LDRPanorama. LDRPanoram images will depend scan settings such as: Resolution, Quality,...Here, I have a question. How many LDRPanorama Images are there in the different scan settings?
Thanks
TommyMaddox
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Tommy R Maddox III
Company Details: ONSITE3D
Company Position Title: Director of Technology
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: LDRPanorama Images

Post by TommyMaddox »

LDR Panoramas (Low Dynamic Range) Panoramas are the panoramic pictures that are created at different exposure levels when capturing HDR imagery. You should have one LDR panorama per bracket of HDR that you have selected on the scanner interface. You can of course scan without taking any pictures, or without use of HDR if desired.

For example, a 3x HDR panorama is comprised of 3 LDR panoramas at low/medium/high exposure levels. SCENE fuses the LDR results into a single HDR (High Dynamic Range) Panorama. If you select the 5x HDR mode on our scanners, you will see 5 LDR Panoramas at different exposure levels. The same concept applies if you select the 2x HDR mode. Using no HDR applies exposure weighting to the panorama based on the exposure metering settings you select (even weighted, horizon weighted, or zenith weighted).
Tri Luan
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Huynh Tri Luan
Company Details: Star Global Expert Solutions JSC
Company Position Title: Application Engineer
Skype Name: Tri Luan
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: LDRPanorama Images

Post by Tri Luan »

TommyMaddox wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:15 pm LDR Panoramas (Low Dynamic Range) Panoramas are the panoramic pictures that are created at different exposure levels when capturing HDR imagery. You should have one LDR panorama per bracket of HDR that you have selected on the scanner interface. You can of course scan without taking any pictures, or without use of HDR if desired.

For example, a 3x HDR panorama is comprised of 3 LDR panoramas at low/medium/high exposure levels. SCENE fuses the LDR results into a single HDR (High Dynamic Range) Panorama. If you select the 5x HDR mode on our scanners, you will see 5 LDR Panoramas at different exposure levels. The same concept applies if you select the 2x HDR mode. Using no HDR applies exposure weighting to the panorama based on the exposure metering settings you select (even weighted, horizon weighted, or zenith weighted).
Thank TommyMaddox so much. What you shared that are really useful for me. I appreciate that so much!

Return to “Introductions”