Mobile Mapping Companies in CA (MMS) - Job Opportunity

ABA Mobile Mapper, IGI StreetMapper, Leica Pegasus One & Two, MDL Dynascan, RIEGL VMX450, STORMBEE BEEMOBILE, Topcon IP-S2, Trimble MX50, etc.
Aaron_Hazen
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Aaron J.R. Hazen
Company Details: Coast 2 Coast Surveys
Company Position Title: Senior Project Manager - 3d Architecture
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Mobile Mapping Companies in CA (MMS) - Job Opportunity

Post by Aaron_Hazen »

So a potential client is tired of measuring their vast expanse of 'pods' with total station. They are making sure they are at correct heights. These 'PODS' are essentially 4ft poles. They are ensuring they are the correct height with this survey. There are thousands of the 4ft poles they need measured.

He needs accuracy on height of these 4ft poles to 1/4 inch. I'm not even sure if that would be feasible with mobile scanning. One positive to the 1/4 inch accuracy is that it need only be relative accuracy, not absolute. Just accurate height on the pole from the ground.

Thanks, email me or comment below on feasibility, ideas on how to get this done, or to offer assistance if this is up your alley.
Aaron Hazen
Senior Project Manager

[email protected]
http://imgur.com/a/CzfH4
Jrn4
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: James Nicolau
Company Details: Land Surveyor
Company Position Title: Project Manager
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Mobile Mapping Companies in CA (MMS) - Job Opportunity

Post by Jrn4 »

Mobile scanning would work great for something like what you are describing. We have the optech lynx system running dual sensors so we are able to obtain differential measurements from a single pass. As with any scanning the biggest thing to keep in mind that it can only pick up what is can "see" (had issues in the past with brush/weeds covering the base of things).

Return to “Mobile Scanners”