Kreon Laser Scanning Arm

CAD Workstations, Network Attached Storage [NAS], Servers, Monitors, SSD`s, Imaging Systems, Field Kit: Targets & Tripods etc.
Aal
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Ali A
Company Details: Self
Company Position Title: Mechanical Designer
Linkedin Profile: No

Kreon Laser Scanning Arm

Post by Aal »

I am a beginner with 3d scanning and i recently scanned a simple flange using a kreon 7-axis arm with blue laser scanner. However, the resulting scanned geometry is very irrergular, as shown in the attachment. The online tutorials usually get perfectly accurate scanned data, while mine is clearly not. Is there some problem with the hardware or has it something to do with software settings?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JSenior
I have made 40-50 posts
I have made 40-50 posts
Full Name: James Senior
Company Details: S-CAN 3D Ltd
Company Position Title: Director
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Kreon Laser Scanning Arm

Post by JSenior »

It looks like the part (or base of the arm) has moved during scanning?

If you're sure it hasn't moved then I would calibrate the scanner. Make sure all joints in the arm are up to a stable temperature before calibration.

If you calibrate it successfully and it's still no better, it is possible there is something wrong and you'll need to get the arm/scanner sent off for repair/calibration. As a new user I'd hesitate before rushing down this route as you may be doing something wrong and it's difficult to say for sure without seeing what you're doing.
Aal
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Ali A
Company Details: Self
Company Position Title: Mechanical Designer
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: Kreon Laser Scanning Arm

Post by Aal »

Thankyou. I'll ty to make the base and part carefully clamped before scanning next time and check the results.
Althought when i calibrate the scanner i usually make sure that the standard deviation is within the specified range but i'll try to rule out the relative motion between scanner/part and get back to you.

Return to “Other Hardware: Field & Back Office”