Optech Releases the New Mobile Mapper

Faro FOCUS S350, S150, S70, M70, X30, X130, X130HDR, X330, X330HDR. Leica RTC360, C10, P15, P20, P30, P40, P50, BLK360, HDS6*00, HDS7000,HDS8800, HDS8400. Riegl VZ6000, VZ4000, VZ2000, VZ1000 & VZ400i. Topcon GTL-1000, GLS2200, GLS1500. Trimble X7, X9, X12, SX12, SX10, TX8, TX6, S7 & S9. Z+F IMAGER 5016, 5010X, 5010C, 5006H, 5006EX & PROFILER 9012
Phil Marsh
Administrator
Administrator
Full Name: Phil Marsh
Company Details: Laser Scanning Forum Ltd
Company Position Title: Director
Skype Name: phil.h.marsh
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by Phil Marsh »

Toronto, September 14, 2007 - Optech Incorporated is proud to announce the launch of the Mobile Mapper. Over three years in development, the Mobile Mapper represents the next generation of lidar technology. The lidar is bundled into a mobilemapping solution with the accuracy, robustness and support that Optech users have come to expect.

“Optech is proud to add the Mobile Mapper system to our growing family of lidar products,” said Optech President Don Carswell. “While establishing a new state of the art for mobile mapping technology, Optech’s Mobile Mapper also possesses a feature set and support plan that will be familiar to our current ALTM operators and ILRIS-3D users.”

The Mobile Mapper boasts a revolutionary new lidar sensor head that leverages Optech’s 33 years of development experience and the latest in lidar innovation – iFLEX - to collect survey-grade lidar data at over 100,000 measurements per second with a 360º FOV, while maintaining a Class 1 eye safety rating.

The mobile mapping solution, while accommodating up to four lidar sensor heads, fuses the lidar data with an on-board passive imaging system, the Trimble/Applanix POS LV system and a tried and tested operational software platform to produce survey grade 3D data from a mobile vehicular platform.

Production of the new system is under way and orders are being accepted immediately
LASER SCANNING FORUM
[email protected]
Andy H
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Andrew Hunter
Company Details: METROPOLITAN POLICE SERVICE
Company Position Title: Senior CAMB Manager
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Optech Releases the New Mobile Mapper

Post by Andy H »

Is there any data you can post?
Faraz
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Faraz Ravi
Company Details: Bentley Systems
Company Position Title: Director Product Mngmnt for Point Clouds

Post by Faraz »

Here's two small modelling project I did using Optech Lynx data. Modelling was done in Pointools 4 Rhino and in both cases took around a day.

http://www.pointools.com/gallery/roads-and-bridges/

http://www.pointools.com/gallery/urban- ... el.jpg.php

Also the 'Italian Streetscape' images are based on Lynx data. The data looks pretty good to me given its captured between 8-30 or 40mph, good enough for this level of modelling. Intelligent scanner orientation also means that occlusions are minimised, in most cases coverage is remarkably good.

Note the use of our planar shader in some of the images, this was critical in making good sense of the scan data.
Faraz Ravi
Bentley Systems
http://www.bentley.com
Jason Warren
Administrator
Administrator
Full Name: Jason Warren
Company Details: Laser Scanning Forum Ltd
Company Position Title: Co-Founder
Skype Name: jason_warren
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by Jason Warren »

Hi Faraz,
How are things developing with the 'planar shader'?

Cheers,
Jason Warren
Co_Founder

Dedicated to 3D Laser Scanning
LaserScanningForum

Return to “Terrestrial Laser Scanners [TLS]”