I have made 40-50 posts
I have made 40-50 posts
Full Name: Marc Zschieschang
Company Details: Private
Company Position Title: Product Manager

FARO launches As-Built Modeler, SCENE 2019.2 and Firmware update 6.5

Post by MaZschi »

Hello community,

Some news from FARO which could be of interest for you.

As-Built Modeler:
Since today, our brand new tool As-Built Modeler is available for you. Here some details about the functions:

- FARO As-Built Modeler is based on FARO SCENE and has the same look and feel, but is part of our As-built product family. You can import point cloud files such as FLS, E57, PTS, XYZ and LAS without any limit in project size. FARO project files can be opened without any import time from the same directory as FARO SCENE is working. For visualization purposes you can also import meshes as VRML or obj files. You can explore the data as 2D image view, 3D view or in Virtual Reality.

- With the As-Built Modeler modeling tools you can extract planar surfaces and trim&extend them to closed surface models. You also can create user corrdinate systems and simply draw a plane e.g. if a area is poorly scanned. Also you can extract cylinders by two clicks or use the automatic cylinder detection searching for cylinders in an area based on specified parameters. With the undo and redo button you can go back very fast if results are not matching the expectations. CAD export formats are DXF, IGES & STEP.

- The As-Built Modeler includes a "SendTo" app. This app allows you to define macros be send into any text or command line based application connected to the As-Built Modeler (simply drag and drop a button from As-Built Modeler into the target application). You can send measurements into an Excel sheet, commands into the command line from Rhino 3D, Copy measurements to the clipboard to paste it into the parameters of an object inside your BIM system. Macros include limited keyboard actions, strings and also loop operations. A preconfigurated set of macros is given and a guideline how to create your own.

- The As-built Modeler enables you to capture distance measurements as SCENE and also more complex measurement with the included area and volume measurement app.

- Also it comes with the included Video Pro app allowing you to create nice render videos of your projects and extracted CAD Models.

- The modeler also includes a vectorizer function which automatically extracts lines from a point cloud slice which can be edited with some tools and export via the given export formats.

As-built Modeler is available as a stand alone tool, in combination with the AutoCAD or Revit Plugin or with both PlugIns as the Suite.

So as you can see, full of useful content. Customers already having an As-built license version 2019.0 or higher for the AutoCAD or Revit PlugIn or the Suite, can use As-Built Modeler with this license for free. Unfortunately we are currently facing some licensing issues so it is not available for you immediately. As soon as this issue is fixed, you will be informed by the As-Built Software, that a new version is ready to download. Simply install the As-built Modeler, click on "update license" in the license manager and start working.

For more information and 30 days hands on trial you can visit our knowledge base:
https://knowledge.faro.com/Software/As- ... lt_Modeler

FARO SCENE 2019.2:
In addition to the As-Built Modeler release, a new SCENE version 2019.2 is available.

Updates are:

- Improved on-site registration supporting your workflow to have your project ready registered when leaving the site inclusive accuracy reports and full transmission of all data into your SCENE software. We have parallelized the data transmission and processing procedures and implemented improvements on the UI giving you a better and faster experience in the workflow.

- We have implemented the compatibility to As-Built Modeler. You can now import SCENE projects seamleassly into As-built Modeler and opposite way. In addition, SCENE projects are now backwards compatible to SCENE 2019.2

- You can Import and Export LAS and LAZ point cloud files

Customers with SCENE version 2019.0 or higher can use SCENE 2019.2 for free.
For more informations and 30 day trial, here the link: https://knowledge.faro.com/Software/FARO_SCENE/SCENE

Firmware 6.5:
As a further news: You can now install Firmware 6.5 on your FARO Focus S and M scanner with the following improvements:

- Quick access to the inclinomenter
- Short information dropdown menu in the scanning screen showing the selected properties for the current captured scan
- A pause scanning function
- The detailed scan function to scan targets or other areas in higher detail as the basis scan can now be scanned in intensity or color mode
- Slight scanning speed improvements
- Remote access to scans via anonymus FTP

this firmware update is free of charge and more information can be found here:
https://knowledge.faro.com/Hardware/3D_Scanners/Focus

For wishes or questions feel free to reach out to me: [email protected] or your usual FARO contact.

I wish you all a happy scanning & modeling!
Marc Zschieschang
sheartab
I have made 60-70 posts
I have made 60-70 posts
Full Name: Sheartab
Company Details: Arch Eng Design Firm
Company Position Title: BIM Manager
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: FARO launches As-Built Modeler, SCENE 2019.2 and Firmware update 6.5

Post by sheartab »

Thanks for the update, can't wait to try this out. Any word on Swift integration?
bdawood
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Bashar Dawood
Company Details: Canada West Drafting Inc.
Company Position Title: Owner
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by bdawood »

This is too sweet, I have to brush Twice, Thanks FARO
bdawood
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Bashar Dawood
Company Details: Canada West Drafting Inc.
Company Position Title: Owner

Post by bdawood »

Mark,

Regarding the as-built modeler, does it have to be on the same system as Faro as-built, can it be installed on another system
MaZschi
I have made 40-50 posts
I have made 40-50 posts

Post by MaZschi »

sheartab wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:34 pm Thanks for the update, can't wait to try this out. Any word on Swift integration?
the best way to stay tuned on the swift would be to register here:
https://highspeed-laserscanning.faro-europe.com/
bdawood wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:22 am Mark,

Regarding the as-built modeler, does it have to be on the same system as Faro as-built, can it be installed on another system
It depends on the license you have. So if you have a As-built for AutoCAD license, you can use As-Built Modeler and the AutoCAD PlugIn in parallel on one computer. To use As-Built Modeler in parallel on a second computer you would need a seperate license. If it has not to be used in parallel, may the network option is worth to take a look into.
Marc Zschieschang
bobbyf90
I have made 40-50 posts
I have made 40-50 posts
Full Name: Bobby Fenttiman
Company Position Title: Revit operator Trainee

Post by bobbyf90 »

Thanks for the update all seems to be big improvements.

I am using onsite registration as I type this and after 16 scans the interface on scene has frozen up I cannot click on anything. Although it does still register and display the scans on the map.
MaZschi
I have made 40-50 posts
I have made 40-50 posts

Post by MaZschi »

bobbyf90 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:15 am Thanks for the update all seems to be big improvements.

I am using onsite registration as I type this and after 16 scans the interface on scene has frozen up I cannot click on anything. Although it does still register and display the scans on the map.
Please report this issue to:
EMEA: [email protected]
AMERICA: [email protected]
APAC: [email protected]

They can help you on individual basis to figure out the issue and if needed to escalate to our development department for fixing the issue. Thank you.
Marc Zschieschang
msivil
I have made 80-90 posts
I have made 80-90 posts
Full Name: Marko Sivil
Company Details: Sivil 3d Oy
Company Position Title: CEO

Post by msivil »

Hello Faro,

Just uploaded the new installer files.

I got warning of a virus that is inside the installer file, please see image!
scene_installer_virus.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best Regards,
Marko Sivil

www.sivil3d.fi
Raimund58
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Raimund Klink
Company Details: IHM engineering GmbH
Company Position Title: 3d scanning guy

Post by Raimund58 »

msivil wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:26 pm Hello Faro,

What antivirus software do you use?
\o/
MaZschi
I have made 40-50 posts
I have made 40-50 posts

Post by MaZschi »

msivil wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:26 pm Hello Faro,

Software quality is highly important for us. We develop our software in a secured and monitored IT environment. All of our software is continuously scanned by CISCO Amp. We believe this is a false alarm, but we will further look into this issue. So far no other cases have reached our customer support on this matter.
Marc Zschieschang

Return to “FARO”