V.I.P Member
Full Name: Scott Reed
Company Details: Prologue Systems
Company Position Title: Principal
Skype Name: sabotva
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: SCENE 2019.1 (7.4.02351)

Post by sreed »

Hey everyone, just wanted to share our patch (for the problem with the integration with 3rd party applications) is now available online via the normal update processes.
You should get the respective info via SCENE news.
Can you please provide a direct link and confirm that this now fixes the fls export (structured scan export) issue and Recap will be able to import and index these scans?
VXGrid
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Martin Graner
Company Details: PointCab GmbH
Company Position Title: Research and Development
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by VXGrid »

sreed wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:12 pm
Hey everyone, just wanted to share our patch (for the problem with the integration with 3rd party applications) is now available online via the normal update processes.
You should get the respective info via SCENE news.
Can you please provide a direct link and confirm that this now fixes the fls export (structured scan export) issue and Recap will be able to import and index these scans?
I have checked it in ReCap 2018 and it works.

Link to patch:
https://faro.box.com/s/5ca74vztgdlhihma53mcu1qy5kmgiej6
sreed
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Scott Reed
Company Details: Prologue Systems
Company Position Title: Principal
Skype Name: sabotva

Post by sreed »

no extensive testing but confirmed the *.fls export and Recap processing works now. Thank you.
vjDub
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Tori Wilkinson
Company Details: Wessex Archaeology
Company Position Title: Geomatics Technical Manager

Post by vjDub »

Oliver, just filling you in on my weekend...

227 scan project, 4 map layouts, including scan overlays - fatal error crash on Webshare writeout.

Same project, no overlays - wrote out fine. However the Layout Plans were blank. We've noticed that if we unload them in Scene and reload them, more often than not we get "Internal error: Important internal data was missing. 'Texture for layout plan First_Floor could not be created!': Dismissed operation. Error Code: 27".

Third attempt with recreated Layout Plans was fine (no overlays). Just for fun we made another attempt with Scan Overlays, but it crashed again.

Any progress on this? We are rather fond of Scan Overlays and they would have been particularly beneficial for this project
Oliver Knoerzer
I have made 70-80 posts
I have made 70-80 posts
Full Name: Oliver Knörzer
Company Details: FARO Europe GmbH
Company Position Title: Senior 3D Software Engineer

Post by Oliver Knoerzer »

vjDub wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:59 am After installing the most recent patch, my WSC exported successfully. […] It also exported incredibly quickly I might add. […]
Thank you. I’m not aware of any significant changes with respect to the speed of the WebShare Cloud export in SCENE 2019.1 (7.4), though. But 2018 (7.2) and 2019.0 (7.3) had major improvements for both the overview map and the panorama images. If some people missed the info, here it is again:

SCENE 2018 (7.2):
Oliver Knoerzer wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:29 am The map creation is now around 75% faster in the best-case scenario. This best-case scenario (compared to the time needed for the same settings in the previous version) occurs with the following export settings and project properties:
- SCENE-style overview map
- No scan overlays
- Project does not yet have scan point clouds

The worst-case scenario occurs with the opposite export settings and project properties. In this case, you will only experience a time reduction between 5% and 10%.

A significant reduction of the used main memory in a certain step of the export is also achieved for most projects.
SCENE 2019.0 (7.3):
Oliver Knoerzer wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:13 pm Now, the panorama image creation is also much faster. You can expect the following performance improvements in comparison to the same settings used previously:

Minimal improvement: “No HD, only color” --> ~33% faster than previously
Maximal improvement: “HD images + HD distance files, color + reflection values” --> ~66% faster than previously

Layout plans with a very large physical size in meters were not well supported previously. A very large number of map tiles was created for them without regard to the resolution of the image in pixels. This is now done which leads to a reduction of the export time and the generated number of map tiles by orders of magnitude.
-----
vjDub wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:13 am Same project, no overlays - wrote out fine. However the Layout Plans were blank. We've noticed that if we unload them in Scene and reload them, more often than not we get "Internal error: Important internal data was missing. 'Texture for layout plan First_Floor could not be created!': Dismissed operation. Error Code: 27".
It's been quite some time since I’ve looked at the layout plan functionality. I will take a note here that there may be some problems with it now.
vjDub wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:13 am Any progress on this? We are rather fond of Scan Overlays and they would have been particularly beneficial for this project
I personally don’t know when the next patch version of SCENE will be released. It shouldn’t take long I hope.
Senior software engineer working for FARO on WebShare, SCENE 2go, and related products.
My webcomics: Sandra and Woo, Gaia.
Taschner
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Stefan Taschner
Company Details: Craig and Rhodes
Company Position Title: Surveyor

Post by Taschner »

Is anyone having issues opening quickviews and Split views for scans? It seems to happen with longer/larger scan files once they load. They still open in a planar view, so I can work around it, but it is painful.

I have shown a screenshot below:
FARO Scene view error.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Oliver Knoerzer
I have made 70-80 posts
I have made 70-80 posts
Full Name: Oliver Knörzer
Company Details: FARO Europe GmbH
Company Position Title: Senior 3D Software Engineer

Post by Oliver Knoerzer »

The just released patch version SCENE 2019.1.2 fixes the WebShare export bug and brings some other improvements. You can get it in the startup popup dialog, in “Settings --> Check for updates” or at https://de-knowledge.faro.com/Software/ ... _downloads
Bug fixes

- Issue: For large scans - full or ½ resolution scans and high-detail scans in certain cases viewing in Quick-view was showing no data with a black screen.
- Issue: Fixed a crash that occurred during the overview map creation of the SCENE WebShare Cloud export.

Improvements

- This patch contains the manuals for SCENE and SCENE LT (modern HTML UI) in all languages.
- When opening a high-detail scan in the Quick-View, the camera is oriented to look at this section.
- Updated dependency to external Xerces library to recent version 3.2.2.
- When starting SCENE, in certain cases the UI froze for several seconds while trying to update an outdated license. The UI now shows a progress window when the update is performed.
Senior software engineer working for FARO on WebShare, SCENE 2go, and related products.
My webcomics: Sandra and Woo, Gaia.
SAttaya
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: SAttaya
Company Details: Sev1Tech
Company Position Title: Sr Software Analyst-RemoteSensingEngr

Re: SCENE 2019.1 (7.4.02351) / 2019.1.2.2552 (7.4.2.2552)

Post by SAttaya »

2019.1.2.2552 (7.4.2.2552) right?

Think I'll wait a few days...

BTW does the regular install also update
the right FARO LS SDK that Geomagic's DesignX uses
or do I need to download and run the SDK installer separately?

(from https://knowledge.faro.com/Hardware/3D_ ... _downloads
WARNING: LS SDK and LS SDK_DEV are still currently valid,
but they will not be developed further and will be discontinued in the future.
Developers should use the SCENE Standalone API or SCENE App API for further development.)
mca
I have made 60-70 posts
I have made 60-70 posts
Full Name: Manuel Caputo
Company Details: FARO
Company Position Title: Software Developer

Post by mca »

Hi Steve,

you are correct, 2019.1.2.2552 is the internal version number 7.4.2.2552.

You do not need to install the LS SDK or the SCENE C++ API runtimes separately/manually.
Both are included in the SCENE installer and will be installed automatically.

Regards,
Manuel
Taschner
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Stefan Taschner
Company Details: Craig and Rhodes
Company Position Title: Surveyor

Post by Taschner »

Clever people...

Is there some reason why I can't register a scan with targets using one sphere and a number of planes in the latest version of Scene?

The software will not recognise any correspondences unless I have more than one sphere/point.. This was certainly not the case previously.

Return to “FARO”