V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: L Paul Cook
Company Details: Land surveyor doing LiDAR
Company Position Title: President
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Color issue in SCENE

Post by LPaulCook »

I scanned this building and made both SPC and PPC then a video flyby. I noticed that scan #12 had a very blue tint to it so I did a white balance. The blue was still in the 3D view so I deleted the PPC and looked at the 3D view using the SPCs, the blue was gone. So next I made a video. The blue was back! I deleted that scan 12 SPC and made a new SPC for scan 12, the blue was gone.... again. I made a video but the blue tint was still there.

The question is how do I get rid of the blue tint in my video when there is no PPC and the SPC looks clean?? No blue in the SPC. Where the heck is the blue coming from??

The first image is my current SPC the second is from my video....

SCENE v 7.1.1.81

Thanks for your help!
Paul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
L. Paul Cook, PLS
www.LPC3D.com
DavidL
I have made 90-100 posts
I have made 90-100 posts
Full Name: David Lander
Company Details: Thames Valley Police Authority
Company Position Title: Crime Scene Surveyor
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Color issue in SCENE

Post by DavidL »

With SPCs there is no colour balancing, so the blue tint you're seeing could be from another overlapping scan with a different exposure.

I usually delete SPCs after registering/cleaning, then do a project clean up, then create a PPC with colour balancing enabled.

Note that if you have created both SPCs and a PPC, when you right click to view a single scan in 3D view, you are looking at the SPC for that scan and not the PPC.

Return to “FARO”