I have made 50-60 posts
I have made 50-60 posts
Full Name: Sam Lynas
Company Details: PCL
Company Position Title: Surveyor

Scene assitance required urgently!

Post by Muleymuel »

Hello,

A number of scans seeem to have lost resolution and i can now no longer register them. They have been fine all along and now are so pixelated i can barely pick any points of them, let alone cloud to cloud optimise. Deleting and bringing them back in doesnt seem to help either. Have i inadvertently saved them at a lower resolution? If so, how can i restore them?

Regards,
Sam
Aaron_Hazen
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Aaron J.R. Hazen
Company Details: Coast 2 Coast Surveys
Company Position Title: Senior Project Manager - 3d Architecture
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Scene assitance required urgently!

Post by Aaron_Hazen »

If you did indeed save them at a lower resolution, then deleting them and bringing the raw .fls folders in will do the trick. Right click and load the scan before opening the quick view as well. It puts less of a work load on your cpu to do these steps seperately.

Always save and create scan point clouds for all scans to avoid this problem going forward. The scan point clouds will never lose resolution from being partially loaded and then saved.

Hope this helps
Aaron Hazen
Senior Project Manager

[email protected]
http://imgur.com/a/CzfH4
SteveBury
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Bury
Company Details: Bury Associates Limited
Company Position Title: Director
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Scene assitance required urgently!

Post by SteveBury »

Hi Sam

Have you possibly been in Correspondence View first before going into Planar View? In Correspondence View you can partially load scans so they view more quickly, but if you then go into something like Planar View afterwards they are still only partially loaded so they appear at at much lower resolution. If you right click on your Scans folder then unload all scans then re-open them in Planar View, they will again appear at their full resolution.

Return to “FARO”