Linkedin Profile: No

Re: Faro remote - proof of concept

Post by jcoco3 »

HAHAHA :lol:

You mean like this?
Remote Controlled Pigeon.jpg
Remote Controlled Pigeon2.jpg
https://www.wired.com/2007/02/cyborg-flying-r/
Scientists with the Robot Engineering Technology Research Center of east China's Shandong University of Science and Technology say they implanted micro electrodes in the brain of a pigeon so they can command it to fly right or left or up or down.
Someone needs to contact Shandong University and inform them that we found the first practical use for their RC birds ;) :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jcoco3
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Full Name: Jonathan Coco
Company Details: Consultant
Company Position Title: Owner
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by jcoco3 »

Just a quick update on the development of this silly contraption. Eventhough we have figured out how to connect to our S350 from anywhere there is a mobile broadband signal we recently got in a bind when our AT&T hotspot was with one of our people in another location and we needed to come up with another way to start a scan on the S350 from further than Wifi range would allow. So we pulled out the "remote finger" and within an hour figured out how to start a scan using an RC transmitter and reciever just as we did with the X330. The only difference here is that the new scanner has a finicky capacitive touch screen vs the older resistive touch screen of the older models, which complicated things as pressure was not enough to push the screen buttons. Just so happens that we had a capacitive touch screen stylus that I got from the nice folks at Surphaser during a Spar conference some time ago. Combine that with a bunch of zip ties, some velcro, and a freebie usb battery bank we got from our local Faro buddies and viola...remote finger button masher is back in action.
20181204_083632.jpg
20181204_083643.jpg
20181204_114020.jpg
It worked almost flawlessly for 2 days. The farthest distance we used it was about 1800'. Maybe one day I will upgrade the power connector to fit the odd usb port available on top the s350 once I figure out what type it is and figure out where to order the male side of the connector.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
max72
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Massimo De Marchi
Company Details: Massimo De Marchi
Company Position Title: freelancer
Skype Name: massimo_de_marchi

Post by max72 »

Pure genius!
Thanks for sharing.
Massimo