GPI Geospatial Purchases RIEGL VQ-1560i Ultra High Performance Airborne LiDAR System!

Discuss Riegl hardware here.
Jason Warren
Administrator
Administrator
Full Name: Jason Warren
Company Details: Laser Scanning Forum Ltd
Company Position Title: Co-Founder
Skype Name: jason_warren
Linkedin Profile: No

GPI Geospatial Purchases RIEGL VQ-1560i Ultra High Performance Airborne LiDAR System!

Post by Jason Warren »

RIEGL.png
GPI.jpg
RIEGL is pleased to announce that GPI Geospatial, Inc. (GPI) has purchased the VQ-1560i ultra high performance airborne LiDAR system!

GPI, an established user of RIEGL airborne, mobile, and terrestrial sensors and systems, has chosen to add the VQ-1560i to their toolbox of advanced digital sensors to further expand their capabilities. As a highly progressive company that uses proven technologies to satisfy their client’s needs, this cutting edge RIEGL airborne sensor will further allow GPI to provide advanced mapping solutions to meet and exceed their client’s expectations.

The RIEGL VQ-1560i is an ultra high performance, dual channel waveform processing airborne LiDAR mapping system that is well prepared to fulfill the challenging demands of complex airborne mapping missions. The fully integrated and calibrated system is equipped with a seamlessly integrated high performance GNSS/ IMU system and a primary Phase One 100-megapixel RGB camera. Based on RIEGL’s sophisticated Waveform-LIDAR technology, the system is capable of online waveform processing, as well as full and smart waveform recording, thus delivering highly information rich scan data for post processing.

“GPI is extremely excited to purchase the RIEGL VQ-1560i. This sensor will position GPI to enter new markets and disciplines in support of our Geospatial Branch strategic growth plan” says Paul Badr, President of GPI Geospatial. “The professional use and ownership of sophisticated sensors and software continues to position GPI in a leadership position by offering superior and accurate mapping products to many of our clients who demand and expect creative and proven technology solutions.”

“We are extremely proud to call the renowned GPI Geospatial, Inc. group a long term customer and we are very pleased about their recent decision to add the VQ-1560i to their portfolio!” stated Johannes Riegl, Jr., President of RIEGL USA. “This decision proves the forward thinking strategy of GPI in the geospatial field and will enable them to generate industry leading deliverables to their clients.”

All about accuracy and efficiency, GPI provides highly precise, accurate mapping products and deliverables to their clients in applications and markets such as state DOT work, private development, transmission modeling, utility surveys, countywide & statewide projects, etc. GPI provides cutting edge remote sensing services utilizing our advanced RIEGL LiDAR sensors. The VQ-1560i will enable them to fly at higher altitudes and delivering increased point cloud density.

About GPI:

GPI Geospatial, Inc. (GPI) is committed to being the most trusted provider of precision mapping and surveying services within the transportation planning, design & construction communities. Our knowledgeable, high-performing team members are focused on cultivating and maintaining client relationships through safe, innovative and timely project delivery. At GPI, we are proud to be mapping the foundation for infrastructure improvements to enhance connectivity between people and communities throughout the southeast.

GPI is experienced in LiDAR, mobile LiDAR, digital orthophotography and HD video acquisition and processing. We provide high accuracy, simultaneous data collection using multiple sensors from our fixed wing aircraft, helicopter or ground based vehicles.

GPI’s personnel is comprised of 13 Licensed Professional Surveyors and Licensed Photogrammetrists, 5 ASPRS Certified Photogrammetrists (CP), 2 GIS Professional (GISP) and over 75 employees; many with more than 20 years of experience. It is our goal is to offer our clients the very best in technology, customized methodologies and the upmost in customer service in order to provide the specific data required to accomplish their project goals.

About RIEGL:

Celebrating 40 years in 2018, RIEGL is an international leading provider of cutting edge technology in airborne, mobile, terrestrial, industrial and unmanned laser scanning solutions.

RIEGL has been producing LiDAR systems commercially for 40 years and focuses on pulsed time-of-flight laser radar technology in multiple wavelengths.

RIEGL’s core Smart-Waveform technologies provide pure digital LiDAR signal processing, unique methodologies for resolving range ambiguities, multiple targets per laser shots, optimum distribution of measurements, calibrated amplitudes and reflectance estimates, as well as the seamless integration and calibration of systems.

RIEGL’s various 3D scanners offer a wide array of performance characteristics and serve as a platform for continuing ”Innovation in 3D” for the LiDAR industry.

From the first inquiry, to purchase and integration of the system, as well as training and support, RIEGL maintains an outstanding history of reliability and support to their customers.

Worldwide sales, training, support and services are delivered from RIEGL’s headquarters in Austria, main offices in the USA, Japan, and China, and by a worldwide network of representatives covering Europe, North and South America, Asia, Australia, and Africa.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jason Warren
Co_Founder

Dedicated to 3D Laser Scanning
LaserScanningForum

Return to “Riegl”