I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Andre Broodryk
Company Details: Goldfields
Company Position Title: Superintendent
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Custom built Riegl 3d scanner enclosure

Post by AndreB69 »

Hi,

I am currently in possession of a custom built stainless steel and glass 3D Scanner enclosure.
I bought the enclosure on an auction for more than I should, (I lost the bid on the scanner itself), and therefor don't have any use for the enclosure.

It has never been used, and contains cabling marked Riegl LMS-Zxx, Qxx .
It's quite solid built out of stainless steel and was more than likely planned for use in an open cut mine for constant fixed terrestrial scanning.

Does anyone have any experience with using such an enclosure and what they are worth?

Thanks

Andre
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
joe.3dlm
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Joe Beeching
Company Details: GeoSLAM Ltd
Company Position Title: Customer Success Manager

Re: Custom built Riegl 3d scanner enclosure

Post by joe.3dlm »

Hi Andre

We've used similar enclosures with our SiteMonitor systems, which install a Riegl scanner permanently in an open pit mine. Usually ours are a 180 degree three-pane window frame fitted to the front of a blast-proof hut which houses power and comms infrastructure, so not quite the same as yours which is stand-alone.

Do you know what the glass panes are? Are they anti-reflective coated and low-distortion?

Do you know what kind of plinth it was designed to be mounted on?

Riegl do make their own versions of these with heating, cooling etc and they are quite expensive.

Cheers,
Joe
AndreB69
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Andre Broodryk
Company Details: Goldfields
Company Position Title: Superintendent

Re: Custom built Riegl 3d scanner enclosure

Post by AndreB69 »

Thanks for the reply Joe,

I don't know if the glass is anti reflective or low distortion or what it was designed to be mounted on.
I contacted Riegl previously and they just put me in contact with a surveyer in Perth to see if they can use it, but they didn't have any use for it.

Cheers

Return to “Riegl”