I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Sergiu Ceausu
Company Details: GISCAD SRL
Company Position Title: Head of 3D Scanning Department
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: TRIMBLE X9

Post by sergiu.ceausu »

Ioannis wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 11:37 am I have test trimble x7 comapred with a blk g2.
I was very impressed from the compensator that trimble x7. But in capturing was too slow. Also if you want to scan a facade of a building x7 was not able to give points after second floor!
In the other hand BLK g2 was super fast and the density and the distance that we work it was far better than trimble. The big drawback is that it has no compensator and also has some bus that stop working after some hours of non stop scanning... (erors and reboot)
Lets wait the new X9.
Price of the local vendors of X7 was 30.000 euro BLK g2 20.000 euro (without software and VAT)
BLK G2 has 45meter range, while X7 has 80m range. The only setting in which the X7 is measuring below 45meters is when it is set on Indoor mode. This mode limits the measurements to 30m max.
cesaralmeida
I have made 30-40 posts
I have made 30-40 posts
Full Name: cesar almeida
Company Details: KOREC
Company Position Title: Senior Application Engineer
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by cesaralmeida »

A lot of interest here on the X9, which is great!

It's a free market, so there are plenty of opportunties for different scanners to match the requirements of different customers.
How boring life would be if there was only one choice of tripod mounted scanner for everyone. :)

I will say this of behalf of Trimble. Within only 4 years, they've managed to release 3 tripod mounted scanners (albeit one being a OEM integration), on what's been a quite successull worldwide adoption of the field to office workflow with Trimble Perspective (the software that runs on the tablet), across several verticals.

It's not generaly spoken, but I do personally appreciate the fact that having a manufactured Trimble Tablet to go along with Trimble Scanner (which is not mandatory to use), however, it just ensures things work...communication, data transfer, reliability, life cycle support\servicing for the software\hardware from the same manufacturer, as it always been the case with Trimble and their data controllers for GNSS\Total Stations.

Hope you have a great day!
Attila
I have made 70-80 posts
I have made 70-80 posts
Full Name: Tóth Attila
Company Details: Rackarto Kft
Company Position Title: Owner
Skype Name: rackarto

Post by Attila »

Where can I find information about the indoor mode?
I have an X7 and now I should measure a facade full of window openings as precisely as possible. Is the indoor mode suitable for this? I don't see the high sensitivity mode.
cesaralmeida
I have made 30-40 posts
I have made 30-40 posts

Post by cesaralmeida »

Attila wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:26 am Where can I find information about the indoor mode?
I have an X7 and now I should measure a facade full of window openings as precisely as possible. Is the indoor mode suitable for this? I don't see the high sensitivity mode.
That's because it doesn't exist for the X9. All scan modes are already highly sensitive. Crisp data. Any crispier and I would order a beer and steak to go along.
:ugeek: :ugeek: :D
Jason Warren
Administrator
Administrator
Full Name: Jason Warren
Company Details: Laser Scanning Forum Ltd
Company Position Title: Co-Founder
Skype Name: jason_warren

Post by Jason Warren »

Looks interesting... ;)
I received an email about the X9 saying:
X9-1.jpg
How's it different from the X7?
The Trimble X9 expands on the industry-proven X7 scanner, delivering the following benefits to you;
  • Longer range
  • Higher accuracy
  • Shorter scan times
  • Exceptional sensitivity
  • Improved scan results
  • A boost to your productivity
These multitude of benefits suit an even broader range of applications - surveying, building construction, oil & gas, rail, forensics, monitoring, tunnelling, mining, and more!
X9-2.jpg
and theres a Webinar coming up too... ;)
Introduction to the Trimble X9 3D Laser Scanning System
X9-3.JPG
Date: May 30

Time: 8:00 - 9:00 AM MDT

Presenters: Jason Hayes, Alex Okscin, Gregg Jackson, Jeff Turgeon

Please join Trimble’s Reality Capture team for an introduction to the Trimble X9 3D laser scanning system, a new versatile reality capture solution for surveying, construction and engineering professionals. The Trimble X9 expands on the industry-proven Trimble X7, delivering longer range, higher accuracy, shorter scan times and exceptional sensitivity, improving scan results and boosting productivity. With more efficient reality capture capabilities, the X9 broadens potential applications for customers in surveying, building construction, oil and gas, rail, forensics, monitoring, tunneling, mining and others.

In this live webinar, we’ll demonstrate the capabilities and benefits of the new X9 scanning system and review sample workflows and applications.

Register here https://geospatialresources.trimble.com ... QSOFJnnV5O
There's a good Trimble scanner comparison document here...https://geospatial.trimble.com/sites/ge ... lish_0.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jason Warren
Co_Founder

Dedicated to 3D Laser Scanning
LaserScanningForum
smacl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Full Name: Shane MacLaughlin
Company Details: Atlas Computers Ltd
Company Position Title: Managing Director

Post by smacl »

Jason Warren wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 2:06 pmThere's a good Trimble scanner comparison document here...https://geospatial.trimble.com/sites/ge ... lish_0.pdf
Interesting, so twice the speed of the X7 and nearly twice the range. I had a quick look at one of the sample jobs this morning and the point cloud looked crisp. I'll hopefully have a more in-depth look next week when I get a few moments.
Shane MacLaughlin
Atlas Computers Ltd
www.atlascomputers.ie

SCC Point Cloud module
landmeterbeuckx
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Lieven Beuckx
Company Details: Studiebureau Beuckx

Post by landmeterbeuckx »

Besides range i don't see much difference in scan duration.

Min. time is still 2 minutes.

Or am i missing something?
LSBbvba
Surveying services - 3D Laserscanning
Tel : +32477753126
www.lsbbvba.be
[email protected]
cesaralmeida
I have made 30-40 posts
I have made 30-40 posts

Post by cesaralmeida »

I've uploaded a dataset to CINTOO from the X9, captured in Westminster.

https://aec.cintoo.com/160E173806261F0D3B26

The data is available to download as gridded e57, if you ask Cintoo for access. I'll drop some info on the Cintoo part of the forum.
smacl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Full Name: Shane MacLaughlin
Company Details: Atlas Computers Ltd
Company Position Title: Managing Director

Post by smacl »

landmeterbeuckx wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 2:57 pm Besides range i don't see much difference in scan duration.

x7 is 500khz or 500 thousand points per second, x9 is 1000khz or 1 million points per second, so twice as fast to capture the same density of point cloud. Put another way, what you get in 2 minutes on the x9 would take 4 minutes on the x7.
Shane MacLaughlin
Atlas Computers Ltd
www.atlascomputers.ie

SCC Point Cloud module
landmeterbeuckx
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Lieven Beuckx
Company Details: Studiebureau Beuckx

Post by landmeterbeuckx »

smacl wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 5:44 pm
landmeterbeuckx wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 2:57 pm Besides range i don't see much difference in scan duration.

x7 is 500khz or 500 thousand points per second, x9 is 1000khz or 1 million points per second, so twice as fast to capture the same density of point cloud. Put another way, what you get in 2 minutes on the x9 would take 4 minutes on the x7.
True but still 2 minutes in this day and age is still a long time. with time needed to move the scanner you need say 2.5 minutes per scan minimim so that's a max of 24 scans an hour <200 a day. That's with all other equipment available not productive anymore, let alone the competition of slam.
LSBbvba
Surveying services - 3D Laserscanning
Tel : +32477753126
www.lsbbvba.be
[email protected]

Return to “Trimble”