Trimble X7 demo

Discuss all Trimble related issues here.
Hypa80
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Tristan Smythe
Company Details: UPG
Company Position Title: Sales Engineer
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Trimble X7 demo

Post by Hypa80 »

Hi All,

Has anyone had a good demo of the Trimble X7 yet? I've got one booked in for next week.

We've been using the TX series for the last 4-5 months, mostly the TX6 recently so I'm familiar with the workflow.

Looking at comparing it to the RTC360 and it's workflows, mainly for Scan to BIM.

There's an obvious difference in speed of data collection 500K vs 2M per second, but how about the photo's, operation etc.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hypa
Dmitry_V
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Dmitry Vodianytskyi
Company Details: Unipart
Company Position Title: Solution Design Manager

Re: Trimble X7 demo

Post by Dmitry_V »

There's an obvious difference in speed of data collection 500K vs 2M per second
I think this is a huge one. Usually I need 150-200 scans per site, most at level 2 (TX8). Which is about 5 minutes per scan. And it is long. With X7 it is significantly slower.

So I don't think X7 is a real replacement for TX6/8, it is more of an entry-level system.
mariusP
I have made 70-80 posts
I have made 70-80 posts
Full Name: Marius Putrimas
Company Details: Terra Modus
Company Position Title: Undet product manager

Post by mariusP »

Finally, I got a chance to test the new Trimble X7 3D scanner. This time Trimble did a really great job: new Perspective software with X7 3D scanner works perfectly! We did some test scanning (inside / outside) and in both cases software registered all scans into single point cloud fully automatically during the scanning process. The first impression that this solution is definitely a USER-FRIENDLY and probably should be the first choice when you want to join to 3D scanning world. We did scanning and until we got back to the office, we already had an exported e57 file that we uploaded to Undet for SketchUp and we could start the 3D modeling immediately based on the data we collected, everything was registered automatically!

Is he really as good as I wrote? If it will be your first 3D scanner, the user-friendly workflow with Trimble X7 & and Perspective software will make your journey in 3D scanning world amazing and easy. If you are a 3D scanning expert and it will be not the first scanner, the main cons will be scanning speed. If your typical scanning project there are up to 20 scanning stations - its perfect solution, but if you are planning to make hundreds of scans maybe it would not be the best option to collect data very fast.
Marius Putrimas
Undet | for a super-smooth workflow with point clouds
www.undet.com
Dmitry_V
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Dmitry Vodianytskyi
Company Details: Unipart
Company Position Title: Solution Design Manager

Post by Dmitry_V »

mariusP wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:08 am We did scanning and until we got back to the office, we already had an exported e57 file that we uploaded to Undet for SketchUp and we could start the 3D modeling immediately based on the data we collected
I just wish you could work directly from RWP in Undet, without conversion... (dreaming :) )

Return to “Trimble”