Martin_au
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Martin Ankor
Company Details: Anon
Company Position Title: Surveyor

BLK360 G2 feature request - Double scan to fill in hole

Post by Martin_au »

The BLK360 G2 leaves a semicircular hole in the top of its point cloud. When operating outside, or even most of the time indoors, this isn't a problem.

However, when using it inverted to scan pits, wet well and similar it's a big problem, requiring multiple scans to make sure you've got the details, which then makes TruView navigation difficult for users downstream.

A simple solution I'd like to see is to add another scan option which simply continues scanning for a full 360º, filling in the gap. It would obviously take longer, but as it's generally only needed for inverted scans of pits and wells that's not likely to be an issue.
pburrows145
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Paul Burrows
Company Details: Leica Geosystems Europe
Company Position Title: Scanning Solutions Manager - Europe
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: BLK360 G2 feature request - Double scan to fill in hole

Post by pburrows145 »

Martin_au wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 2:49 pm The BLK360 G2 leaves a semicircular hole in the top of its point cloud. When operating outside, or even most of the time indoors, this isn't a problem.

However, when using it inverted to scan pits, wet well and similar it's a big problem, requiring multiple scans to make sure you've got the details, which then makes TruView navigation difficult for users downstream.

A simple solution I'd like to see is to add another scan option which simply continues scanning for a full 360º, filling in the gap. It would obviously take longer, but as it's generally only needed for inverted scans of pits and wells that's not likely to be an issue.
Do you have a contact to share these thoughts with? They wont get far just being posted here... ;)

I shall share the post with the PM team - seems like a good ask, but I am not so sure on the technicalities... :geek:
Martin_au
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Martin Ankor
Company Details: Anon
Company Position Title: Surveyor

Re: BLK360 G2 feature request - Double scan to fill in hole

Post by Martin_au »

I do, and will make a request there too.

Return to “Leica Geosystems”