RTC360-Register360 leveled scans

Discuss all Leica Geosystems related issues here.
topogeo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: piercarlo roasio
Company Details: studio roasio
Company Position Title: titolare
Linkedin Profile: No

RTC360-Register360 leveled scans

Post by topogeo »

RCT360 use of level scans.
With the Fw 5.0, with the RTC360, leveled scans can be detected with good precision (9 mm @ 10 mt).
However Register360 (also in version 2021.1.2) DOES NOT USE this leveling.
So the new function IS USELESS :(
Is there any news for the new version of Register360?

Piercarlo
jamesworrell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: James Worrell
Company Details: Bennett and Francis
Company Position Title: Director
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: RTC360-Register360 leveled scans

Post by jamesworrell »

Needs new version .. correct.

Not sure if you can manually set "Levelled" in R360? I couldn't find a way in the 2 minutes I gave it. Naturally, you can manually nominate scans as level in Core.

You can easily tell which scans are levelled in the metadata file. Either to check all are level, or to selectively set if you have a mix of data.

In the directory of the raw scan data, in a command prompt, run the command findstr /s "<Method>" VG*.*

This will get you a scan name/method list. Method 1 = less accurate / leaning. Method 2 = higher accuracy - level. For what it is worth, the overall results we are getting in bundles has been spot on versus total station - within a couple of mm's across hundreds of scans in locked bundles.
Level.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
topogeo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: piercarlo roasio
Company Details: studio roasio
Company Position Title: titolare

Post by topogeo »

thanks for the tip for Cyclone Core .. but in Register360 I have NOT found a way to block leveled scans ..

Piercarlo
RJGEOMATICS
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter
Full Name: Bart Man
Company Details: Laser Scanning
Company Position Title: Passionate about making amazing PCs

Post by RJGEOMATICS »

Let just say... No full written documentation.

But. Perhaps, and if you look at different ways of collecting data... R360 and RTC360 recognize which scans have the strongest and best IMU performance...

Hmmm... Maybe doing a series of 7 or so absolute control scans with HDR, Double Scan and High Res all on, to give the IMU the most amount of time. Plus level everyone of those stations by Tribrach, will create them like the old Home Scan feature.

Import that job first to your R360 Project, and optimize it. Then lock the links. And after that, start adding the rest of your scan jobs to that master bundle...

There is a reason I always suggest creating a new Project on the RTC360 every 15 scans or so, and that is just another one of them.

The statistical analysis and reports are not ready available like in Core. But between the RTC360 and Register360, they are aware as to what scans have the best most reliable IMU values. And the best way to increase the strength of the IMU values is to level by Tribrach and give the scan as much time as possible by turning on DoubleScan and HighRes etc... Also import that job first to Register360 letting it be the top dog in the Hierarchy all the time.
Kruse
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Eric Kruse
Company Details: Hensel Phelps
Company Position Title: Lead VDC Engineer

Post by Kruse »

I asked Leica Tech Support about this a while back and with Register 360, it's still taking an average of sorts with all the scans and their level'ness/IMU measurements. For my workflow on large concrete decks, I scan about 15 medium density scans with High Tilt Accuracy on and use low density scans without the feature turned on to get my coverage throughout the rest of the as-built of the deck (to also save some time).

When I asked Leica whether or not Register 360 recognizes the high tilt scans and sets the other to them, they said as of the latest version, no. In the next release of R360 this Fall, they said R360 would be able to recognize the difference setups/settings and allow you to set the dataset to the High Tilt scans or apply a high weighted value to those setups. They didn't say specifically how they would do it other than Register 360 would have that resolved in the next release....

Even with my datasets when I have a mixture of "leveled" data and setups without the high tilt accuracy turned on, it still comes out incredibly level. I always link setups without the high tilt accuracy mode into the setups with the setting on to try and override what they think is level which seems to work really well for me. Only on data sets where I'm scanning for floor flatness/levelness do I have it turned on for every single scan.

I don't use Cyclone Basic, so I can speak to any of that software.

Hopefully this helps shed a little light on the question.

Return to “Leica Geosystems”