How to convert a .LGS to a .RCP file

Discuss all Leica Geosystems related issues here.
Leandre Robitaille
I have made 90-100 posts
I have made 90-100 posts
Full Name: Leandre Robitaille
Company Details: Cima+
Company Position Title: Civil Technician

Re: How to convert a .LGS to a .RCP file

Post by Leandre Robitaille »

I just want to add that I managed to do it. It was not straight foward, had to go in the modelspace, couldnt export a e57 but pts worked. Also needed publisher pro license and cyclone register license. Lucky for me I just rented a p50 for another project and leica gave us licenses trial that I was able to use for this. Wouldnt recommend the experience to anyone.
To anyone giving out lgs to your customers...please for god sake give them a e57 or rcp as well. I was helping a client who had an issue with another 3d scan provider that refused to convert the LGS they gave my client, stating they lost the data ...smh

Thank you to everyone that pointed me in the right direction.

Best regards
markscan
I have made 70-80 posts
I have made 70-80 posts
Full Name: Marco Dileo
Company Details: ARcontrol
Company Position Title: Architect

Re: How to convert a .LGS to a .RCP file

Post by markscan »

Leandre Robitaille wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:36 am I just want to add that I managed to do it. It was not straight foward, had to go in the modelspace, couldnt export a e57 but pts worked.

To anyone giving out lgs to your customers...please for god sake give them a e57 or rcp as well.
Strage and interesting that you couldn’t export a .e57.

Everything depends on if the client pays for the full survey file, LGS files should intended to be “read only” pointclouds.

Return to “Leica Geosystems”